Ranking
Original Post
Book of Multiplayer Records
I would like to see a Multiplayer record book.
Why?
We have high value players who have accomplished insane things, but those aren't mentioned anywhere.
Also, this would be another motivation to break records (some of the single player records are simply unbreakable by now...)

What would it contain?
Player with most qi
Player with most TC
Player with highest win ratio (for each belt)
Player with most activated Items
Player with most Items in general
Player with most decaps (if that's possible to find out)
Player with most events won in 20XX
Player with most achievements

How shall we implement this?
If possible it would be nice if a dev could program an application to find out who is record holder.
If there is no suitable person for this job, rules similar to the single player record book could be possible too:
If you find out you or somebody else holds the record, post it with [Nominating] or [Record] in the caption.
evil Führer of Evil
I see it as one giant thread that lists all possible records. Updates and nominations are made in this same thread. This makes such idea compact, easy to search, and not requiring any dev contributions.
Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
I would like to see a Multiplayer record book.
Why?
We have high value players who have accomplished insane things, but those aren't mentioned anywhere.
Also, this would be another motivation to break records (some of the single player records are simply unbreakable by now...)

A big motivation for breaking SP records has also been the bounties. Do you want that too?

What would it contain?
Player with most qi I mean, would bought qi also apply?
Player with most TC Hardly applicable, I would argue that marketing is the main way people get high amounts of tc
Player with highest win ratio (for each belt) I mean win ratio is pretty abusable, hardly tells you anything
Player with most activated Items How does this have anything to do with multiplayer?
Player with most Items in general See above
Player with most decaps (if that's possible to find out) Yeah not possible
Player with most events won in 20XX Alright, this could work, but then again, not all events are MP
Player with most achievements Achievements are broken anyway

How shall we implement this?
If possible it would be nice if a dev could program an application to find out who is record holder.
If there is no suitable person for this job, rules similar to the single player record book could be possible too:
If you find out you or somebody else holds the record, post it with [Nominating] or [Record] in the caption.
If this ever happened it would just work exactly like the SP book

I really dont know about this. I just dont think it would work anywhere near as well as the SP book.
h
@Gargon
Thank you very much for your critique.
I just thought it would be nice if all the people who have reached incredible things aren't mentioned anywhere...
Maybe some of them just need legend status.
evil Führer of Evil
Not to discredit your idea, but I am fairly sure the current MP legends are pretty much these "people who have done insane things". I mean they range from people who created mods that are now absolute standard and have withstood the test of time to absolutely great players in general.

A great example is Kamiko, a recently added legend who has bested so many MP events and, as stated, is pretty much regarded as the best player in TB history.

Of course, this isn't a point against the book of MP records itself, but I still stand by my opinion of it just not being anywhere near as plausible as the SP book. SP in general is just more attuned to having many records for many a reasons.
h