Toribash
Original Post
Toribash Cases/Crates
So I was looking at the Toribash Jackpot thread idea and I noticed a post recommending crates/cases. Much like in csgo you can acquire cases and open them with keys for a chance to get a rare weapon skin or knife.

So anyways I saw this post by Swaves recommending it and I'm taking it upon myself to make this thread for it. So how this will work you may ask? Players will acquire crates as items through tourneys, market, buying them from shop with either tc or real money, etc. There will be a certain amount of different crates that you must have a certain amount of qi to open. The higher the amount of qi needed to open the crate, the better items in them.

Orders: The cases could be organized like White-Blue, Brown-2nd dan, 3rd-5th, 6th-7th, 8th-9th, 10th-custom, master+. Cases can also be classified as certain item type cases. Example: Platinum Blood Case (8th-9th dan). Also say you are a 6th dan black belt but you don't feel risky, then you can purchase a case on any lower tier as long as you have enough qi to do so (which you obviously do). I also recommend including an ultra rare item in each case such as a 3D item or an expensive no qi item. Note: These are just ideas in a recommendation. These are able to be altered, like everything else here.

Payment: Player will be able to purchase these from the shop for in-game currency, shiai tokens, or real money. They may also be sold and purchased from the market, so incase you are not feeling lucky or do not have the funds to open it, you can sell them for tc until you have enough to or just keep the tc and buy the exact item you want without taking any risks. Cases and opening prices will increase in price as the items in the crates increase in value.

Tourneys and GMTourneys: Since the cases will be items, sending them shouldn't be an issue. You win a tourney that is qi restricted to your belt and the game or GM's send the cases to you. I know what you're thinking, what about alts? Well my friend, the player will have to pay money (in-game or real) to open the cases so going into lower belt case tourneys would be illogical for they would surely not want to deal with shittier cases than that of the cases they could have gotten when playing on their main.

Opening Crates/Cases: Here's the part that it all comes down to. Opening crates will cost a certain amount of tc, shiai tokens, or irl currency. As stated before, the price of opening a case will increase with the rarity and price of the item contained inside. Much like csgo, the slider will glide along a long strip of items with the more expensive items being more rare to get.

Post Opening: Once the case has been opened and the player has received the item that they earned, they may do whatever they please with it as it is an ordinary item.

Tell me what you guys think about this idea. Any advice or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Shout out to Swaves for coming up with this brilliant idea.

Concept art? But of course. ;)

-----
Oh I forgot to mention the effects it may have on other features of toribash. Silly me. This may cause an increase in people that purchase qi, so that they can unlock better crates, It will increase marketing, help rid players of spare shiai tokens that they do not want to use, More circulation of items*, and another use of shiai tokens besides buying 3D items.

*Just gave myself an idea, if you have alot of a certain tier of items you can trade up, similar to csgo's trade up system. You will be able to take say 10 tier 4 items and trade them up to a tier 5, 6, or even better tier item. If you guys support the trade up idea along with the cases idea, say pineapple along with your recommendation.
-----
The trade up idea will reduce the number of low tier items that seem to be everywhere.
Last edited by Bercat; Jul 9, 2015 at 05:25 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
Honestly I think this is a fairly bad idea for this game. People are going to complain about the rng when they get something like a gradient or trail instead of a joint.

Every game Ive played where there are "lockboxes" or "cases" only works when the item has a chance to be different or rare compared to normally available items. Your idea just puts more of the same items out there with a "random" element of what it might be.

Not supported at all.
Read the Market Rules
In #Support: [19:53] <@firebolty> StileCheat: Did you try this?: would you lick onima's pussy clean for 10,000 dollars
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Gum View Post
Honestly I think this is a fairly bad idea for this game. People are going to complain about the rng when they get something like a gradient or trail instead of a joint.

Every game Ive played where there are "lockboxes" or "cases" only works when the item has a chance to be different or rare compared to normally available items. Your idea just puts more of the same items out there with a "random" element of what it might be.

Not supported at all.

what about the trade up idea?

Also, Karambit knives are normally available in csgo, they are just expensive as fuck. Void items are fairly rare so they could be the karambit knives of toribash or the rare item could be a new or extremely rare 3D item, such as the imperial crown or the mini tori that sits on ishi's shoulder.
Last edited by Bercat; Jul 9, 2015 at 05:43 AM.
Originally Posted by Bercat View Post
what about the trade up idea?

Oh boy instead of trying to win a contest among other custom belts im going to get on my blue, green, and yellow belts and just destroy everyone until i get enough cases to trade up for custom belt items.

That is honestly what would happen if cases could be traded up.

The idea works for some types of games, but not for a game like this where all customization is designed and distributed by the players.
Read the Market Rules
In #Support: [19:53] <@firebolty> StileCheat: Did you try this?: would you lick onima's pussy clean for 10,000 dollars
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Gum View Post
Oh boy instead of trying to win a contest among other custom belts im going to get on my blue, green, and yellow belts and just destroy everyone until i get enough cases to trade up for custom belt items.

That is honestly what would happen if cases could be traded up.

The idea works for some types of games, but not for a game like this where all customization is designed and distributed by the players.

I cannot fathom how many tournaments you would need to win as a blue belt to trade up items into custom belt items. It would be the most time consuming thing in existence. You would probably be a custom belt before you even earned a custom belt item. And you cannot own a custom belt item if you don't have enough qi for it and the cases would be qi restricted anyways.

Also, it's not cases that would be traded up, I said items for a reason.

Ever heard of Csgolounge? They trade skins like hotcakes there.
Originally Posted by Seihareach View Post
Make the cases not trade-able and I support this.

Hmmm that would work it think, yeah, cuz then people will actually buy something from the shop for a change. XD

But once they get their item, it would obviously be trade-able. The item that is.
It needs a cool animation for an unlock, not just like clicking a button like packs.
Originally Posted by Swaves View Post
It needs a cool animation for an unlock, not just like clicking a button like packs.

I agree.
i like the idea of shiai tokens being used to open them
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up