Ranking
Original Post
Market bots are bs
So I went to the market and decided to edit a few prices. I had maybe three items that I changed and Frans mb was on the market.
And every time I bumped my item to the top of the list his bot I guess would edit his as well. So I went along with it for 5-6mins. I would keep bumping my items to see it the bot would stop or something. I started to figure out the cycle of items the bot would update. It would bump maybe like 14 items in the same cycle while I was trying to keep my 3 items at the top of the market.
I just find it shit that market bots are going to take over the market and its really not fair to the users that have to updated prices manually.
#INIT2WINIT
Don't like updating items manually?
Why? if it's because it takes too long, how long do you think it took the guy to make the bot because I bet you it's longer than the small 4 minutes it will take to manually bump them.

What they're doing is similar to dueling, people have a skill and they're using it to make TC same with artists.
Besides, nothing's stopping you from making a market bot.

People will use their skills to do better than you/ make more money than you and that's life, either learn to make one or quit complaining.
Last edited by RedPanda; Mar 10, 2015 at 09:55 PM.
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Originally Posted by xbcz View Post
that suggestion about how solve the problem
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=448208

The first buyer auto gets it is a wrong information. They both paid and one got item once
http://forum.toribash.com/tori_trans...278338&page=67
Look at the transfer times and find same timed one.I used to have 2 orc blood but I sold 3 there. (Paid back 50tc to Fran)
Leon The Black
Maybe this is a bug. Also it rare get this by making orders manually in the same second with same price and on the same item.
I also don't support market bots it gives an unfair advantage to people who have them. I really don't want the market to become automated because the people who have bots will just keep getting richer and eventually be a norm for anyone who purchases items and sells them will have to have a bot to even think about entering the market.
I support making market bots illegal.
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
Don't like updating items manually?
Why? if it's because it takes too long, how long do you think it took the guy to make the bot because I bet you it's longer than the small 4 minutes it will take to manually bump them.

Alright, so they bump it and then the bot will bump theirs even lower. Bots never lose. What blows my mind is why it's allowed in the first place, it's completely unfair for anyone who isn't using scripts. I support making it against the rules to use bots.
Unfair means there's no way you can level it out however in this case, what's stopping you from learning to code and making a bot?
These people have spent a long time learning to code and putting it to good use.

It's like texturing, not everyone is good at art or can map well but the ones who do are sure as hell going to use it to make more TC than others, I see no difference in either scenarios.
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Unfair means there's no way you can level it out however in this case, what's stopping you from learning to code and making a bot?
These people have spent a long time learning to code and putting it to good use.

It's like texturing, not everyone is good at art or can map well but the ones who do are sure as hell going to use it to make more TC than others, I see no difference in either scenarios.

So, to sell items on the market you're required to learn code? unlike texturing, selling things on the market doesn't require skill. In one case a person works hard on a product to gain money/TC and the customer is satisfied, on the other hand you have a person who is only benefitting themselves and has an unfair advantage over people who don't own a script. There shouldn't even be a debate over this.

Erm, so you try to argue that it's a fair competition when you allow bots vs humans on a market? Sure one could argue that everyone could just learn how to make one, but then I see little standing in the way of making an argument for stealing if you find both unmoral.

Add a delay to the market, 1 action per minute and see the bots die, or a human capcha to just ridden all of them. And slap on a 10% sale tax as-well to stop the money laundering.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Some of the points that people made are that market bots aren't publicly available. The funny thing is, they are. People are now getting around to selling market bots and I've seen plenty of new market bots pop up on the market.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.