Ranking
Original Post
Introduction to [Meta]gaming

One level higher

We're a social clan that enjoys a number of gaymes, both digital and traditional, as well as long-winded discussions of philosophy, science, religion, linguistic prescriptivism, and everything in-between.

Rules
Rather than providing a definitive list of exploitable rules, we will enforce only one steadfast rule: "Don't be a dick". Anyone found to be in violation of this rule will be dealt with according to the severity of the violation.

Chat
Our Skype group can be found here.

Donations
Donations are used for any clan-wide expenses. These include, but are not limited to, clan-hosted events, paying to get a private board, or clan commissions.
Donations are to be sent to MetaBank. To be credited for your donation, PM Risk when the donation is made.

No, the fact that this text is placed here is not indicative of anything important. Made you look.

Last edited by hanz0; Apr 1, 2015 at 03:31 AM.
Can we get some long-winded discussion about philosophy, science, religion, linguistic prescriptivism, and everything in-between up in this bitch?
collect snots from the nose
Thank you. But when I read the title, I was hoping for a rap:
I'm an old-school atheist and I'm here to say,
As you flock to /r/atheism, I yell "Hooray!"
I've been doing this ish since before it was cool,
So let me take a quick moment to take y'all to school.
Disbelieving in god ain't always the easiest,
But those fundie mothafuckas is truly the sleaziest.
It ain't always easy, but it's definitely worth it,
Because /r/atheism, you're truly the shit.
Yo, if you believe in Islam
I'm here to tell you, sorry, you're wrong.
I know you think that Allah is the bomb,
But mostly you're deluded misogynist dongs.
And for all of you there who are my Christian bros,
Messin' with your 12-year old alter boy "hos,"
We're here to say your beliefs are whack
There ain't no god and your pope's a quack.
And finally, that brings me to my friends, the Jews.
Please don't think we forgot about you.
Don't believe that since you been around a little longer,
That your ideas on Yahweh ain't wronger.
World-wide floods? Partin seas? A talking bush?
Sounds like OG stoners been smoking the kush.
So the next time you're debating getting on your knees,
/R/atheism is here to beg you, please,
Try today, to just think for yourself.
It's good for the world, and it's good for your health.

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
Some people think that linguistics is -- or should be -- all about how to speak or write properly. Others believe that the role of linguistics should be only to describe how people actually do speak and write, without making value judgments or trying to establish normative rules.

The shorthand terms for the two sides of this disagreement: prescriptive vs. descriptive linguistics.

As we'll see, linguistics can certainly be used prescriptively, and often is. And the results of careful description and analysis are at least implicitly normative.

However, modern linguists insist that value judgments about language should be recognized as such, and should be examined in the light of the facts. As a result, some critics feel that linguists' attitudes stand in the way of the establishment and maintenance of language standards. You can find a sample of the debate in Geoff Nunberg's classic article Decline of Grammar , or Mark Halpern's more recent riposte A War That Never Ends.

le tippy me trilby
You're so clever, Gynx. /s
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
I think you guys should go back to being [NO]. It's much easier. All you have to do is not post at all and pretend like you do.
God's not dead, but shitposting is.
Last edited by Toolfree; Mar 3, 2015 at 07:55 PM.
my clan was deleted
I mean, it's our thread, regardless of whose board it was moved to.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
ITT mad memers angry at [NO] who has seven staff members who contribute alot to the community while they did nothing and clan is kill

WHAT AN INJUSTICE

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
Originally Posted by hawkesnightmare View Post
I mean, it's our thread, regardless of whose board it was moved to.

que?