ES Recruitment Drive
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
How to Fix the spikes caused by routers
For all those who have a wi-fi connection, spikes can be caused on the one hand by a bad reception of the signal, on the other hand from a windows's service called Zero Configuration Networking (zeroconf). This service, which automatically starts with windows often goes in conflict with your router's software. That conflict causes big spikes that lead to a ping timeout and disconnect you from the server. To solve this problem you must interrupt the service:
control panel->administration instruments->services->zeroconf->disable.
The bad thing is that your internet connection will not be enabled to work if the zeroconf does not allows it, that service must restart with your computer everytime. If you don't want to stop it manually, someone invented a program called Wireless FiXP (it works only with windows SP. 2) that starts the zeroconf, waits until your connection starts working, then stops it, and it doesn't need to be installed.
Ok, thats it. I know that toribash does not requires a powerful connection to work, but this guide can be useful if you play other online games, or if you are often disconnected from servers.

I'm sorry for my bad english, if you find errors just tell me and i'll correct the text.