Toribash
Original Post
[REQ] Pen spinning mod
I have an idea for a mod, but I have nowhere near the skill to create it.
I want a pen spinning mod.

What is pen spinning you ask?

My vision is to have the tori and uke bodies modified into big, realistic-ish, moving hands that will allow for pen spinning. A pen should start out in between the fingers of course. Also, the tori hand and the uke hand should be far enough away so that they do not have a chance to hit eachother.

Here is a quick "blueprint" that i hastily made.

Blueprint (big image)

My hope is the hand will come out looking something like this:

Goal

I really hope this is possible to make. Tc rewards for this mod should be discussed in PMs.

EDIT: The new plan is to combine tori and uke to make an ultra realistic hand, with an elbow (possibly).
Last edited by Rouxster; Mar 5, 2016 at 06:25 PM.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
I have an idea for how this could work, but I'm guessing that playing the mod and spinning and object like that would be pretty hard.
Originally Posted by pouffywall View Post
I have an idea for how this could work, but I'm guessing that playing the mod and spinning and object like that would be pretty hard.

It is not that easy to do irl either, but practice makes perfect.
It may be possible. You would probably have to make Tori's arms, legs, and upper body into fingers. Then you might need movable objects to hold the hand together as it moves.
Whoever wants to start working on it should post how they plan on going about it, so I can approve and give some more ideas. I could offer around 100k tc for this mod.
Last edited by Rouxster; Mar 5, 2016 at 07:07 AM.
I don't think it'd be possible..

4 limbs could constitute 4 fingers (fully articulated), so we'd be missing a thumb (unless someone (would most prob be MacSparrow honestly) figures something out with the butt hidden parts.)

But then again they could only move on one axis, doubt you could effectively mix and match two axis' at the same time, and it'd be extremely hard to replicate the movements of the hand you can see in the gif you posted. You'd lose a lot of the momentum required for most of the tricks if you cant move your hand as fast as that...

I can do a couple of tricks myself, and no matter how hard I think of the way to make it, it's never fully practical :l

I like the Idea, but I really doubt anyone can make it good enough to be enjoyable.
Originally Posted by DashSora View Post
I don't think it'd be possible..

4 limbs could constitute 4 fingers (fully articulated), so we'd be missing a thumb (unless someone (would most prob be MacSparrow honestly) figures something out with the butt hidden parts.)

But then again they could only move on one axis, doubt you could effectively mix and match two axis' at the same time, and it'd be extremely hard to replicate the movements of the hand you can see in the gif you posted. You'd lose a lot of the momentum required for most of the tricks if you cant move your hand as fast as that...

I can do a couple of tricks myself, and no matter how hard I think of the way to make it, it's never fully practical :l

I like the Idea, but I really doubt anyone can make it good enough to be enjoyable.

Couldn't the abs, lumbar, chest, and pecs make up the thumb? Also, we could just turn up the joint velocity. I think this is worth a try at least. WE NEED GOD TEAM!
Last edited by Rouxster; Mar 5, 2016 at 05:22 AM.
I actually agree on the fact that a mod like this would be so fucking awesome.

Even still, i really don't think there's a way to do it properly for MULTIPLAYER.

Maybe in singleplayer if we use the both toris to create the hand ?

A tori is basically :
17 No joint.
20 Joint.

Wich meaaaan

17 x 2 = 34
20 x 2 = 40
34 + 40 = 74

So, more likealy 74 parts.
And 40 are joint.

Seriously, i think we can do something in singleplayer.
Last edited by HawkeyeTFA; Mar 5, 2016 at 05:12 AM.
French Player, Old member of OFRO
Originally Posted by HawkeyeTFA View Post
I actually agree on the fact that a mod like this would be so fucking awesome.

Even still, i really don't think there's a way to do it properly for MULTIPLAYER.

Maybe in singleplayer if we use the both toris to create the hand ?

A tori is basically :
17 No joint.
20 Joint.

Wich meaaaan

17 x 2 = 34
20 x 2 = 40
34 + 40 = 74

So, more likealy 74 parts.
And 40 are joint.

Seriously, i think we can do something in singleplayer.

You are a goddamn genius! Screw multiplayer, this would be much better in single player anyway. Somebody please make this a reality.