Toribash
Original Post
Marketplace
Hi, web version of the new market system is now public!
Community voting on 5.53 update focus

Marketplace

New features and changes compared to legacy auto market:

• Ability to submit purchase requests
    Looking to buy an item but there's nobody selling it right now? Prices too high and you want to save 100 more TC?
    Now you can place a request to buy an item and once someone puts it on sale for your desired price you'll instantly get it!

• User shops
    They show overall market stats, they have all sale offers and purchase requests neatly displayed - and they can be customized!

• Market tax
    As we expect new market to take a hit on shop sales once it's made available in game client, there's a 10% tax on all regular sales.
    While this would mean buyers need to pay a higher price / sellers get slightly less TC than they would in current system, we believe that the overall better market experience and its wider availability outweigh the disadvantages of taxing. And what's more important, market tax will allow us to battle TC inflation by creating a reliable TC sink.

• Market premium
    This is a paid subscription that allows you to sell items without market fee, sell no-qi items (buyers pay extra ST based on insufficient Qi) and customize your shop with a promo image and a description. Premium shops also get randomly featured on market home above sale offers / purchase requests.

Old automated market and "market" section of inventory would be still available until 5.53 is released and new system is bug free. After that, new system would completely take over its place. Market section on forums is going to remain unaffected by this change.

There are some more UX changes planned to the new system which will be done over the next week or two. If you've got suggestions on any improvements / changes, please let us know in this thread.
If you encounter any bugs, also make sure to post here so I can fix them.

Market subscription's price will be adjusted after 5.53 release as we measure market activity to determine a fair price. For now, it will be available at a $5/3mo price on PayPal (non-recurring): https://forum.toribash.com/payments.php
Instead of just showing how much % expensive/discount an item listed is, maybe add a line under/next to it that shows the original Torishop price of an item?
Maybe when inspecting its page too, since it already has the prices for market sale/buy orders with the QI requirement [and arguably useless data of owned/traded recently since that is only relevant for rare collectible items] but lacks the Torishop's original TC & ST prices.
Would remove the extra click needed to check it on Torishop.

Also might be helpful to add the tax 10% under the marketplace_shop itself, with profits before and after tax deductions; with a a nice visual indicator showing one's premium subscription with date of purchase or expiration date, which would be reflected on their shop page.

Terrible HTML editing aside, it could also help with automatically showing the profit of a large amount of listings' before and after deduction without needing to manually pull up a calculator in Starbucks and calculate sales tax returns for a game's market.

Lack of categories to search within concerns me, but great work overall.
Instead of just showing how much % expensive/discount an item listed is, maybe add a line under/next to it that shows the original Torishop price of an item?

Also might be helpful to add the tax 10% under the marketplace_shop itself, with profits before and after tax deductions

Not sure I follow why would this be needed. "Expected income" shows how much you're going to get, not how much buyers will pay - you don't need to calculate any taxes there.

with a a nice visual indicator showing one's premium subscription with date of purchase or expiration date, which would be reflected on their shop page

Added, premium users can see when their sub expires by hovering over "Premium shop" badge. No display for other users.

Lack of categories to search within concerns me

Will upgrade search to also check categories, good suggestion. With most categories you can already search by typing a common keyword (e.g. "blood" to get all blood items, "texture" to get all textures etc).
-----
Update: added category search, just type category name or part of it in search field
Last edited by sir; Sep 23, 2021 at 10:23 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Not sure I follow why would this be needed. "Expected income" shows how much you're going to get, not how much buyers will pay - you don't need to calculate any taxes there.

This is mostly for convenience and transparency in case of tax change and checking if things worked out as intended. Changes could occur in the future where, say, MS hosts an event dedicated to a no-tax weekend with the goal of raising a pool of some kind for another event (dumb example ik), or any modification in taxes and rules in the near future that might be enforced after the new market has been tested. There already are warnings for the tax whenever migrating items from the old market, with an indication under buy/sell orders where the input prices change according to the tax, but it never stated the tax anywhere there as far as I can find.

Even if there are no plans to do so currently, it still helps with keeping track of what the current tax is without having to dig for it in the News/Items threads; for players who have not been around this year, coming back to see the market overhaul with tax would result in confusion, as there is no indication of the tax amount until you either work it out yourself, or that you find this by-then-burried thread months or years later.

Multiple platforms with established marketplaces show such information on the dashboard or main page to avoid issues with hidden fees and falsified taxes (Marketplace.tf's 10%, DMarket.com's 1%-7%, CS.MONEY's 4%-7% and list goes on) which have been present in some gambling websites as they hide it in their TOS (won't name any due to obvious reasons.)

tl;dr - showing tax % under market = transparency, new and returning players will not be as confused and no "shady changed tax" thing.

P.S: That implementation was fast, well done sir.
Notable problem:

Description
User can't limit purchase requested to item without any effects or only certain effects.

Why it's problematic?
For example if you create purchase request for pure force you may get instead a pure force that has some cheap colored glow that can't be removed added to it. Clean white force is different from white force that has green glow on the edges, so currently you can only create buy request for items that can have effects if you're fine with all possible variation of the item.

Possible fixes
On buy requests, there could be option to allow only items without any or only chosen effects applied.

Alternatively fixing the main cause: making effects removable/ adding option to disable them (f.e option "no glow" to glows or disable effect option to all effects) would solve that problem too (I think quite many would prefer adding the option to disable/remove effect from item.).

Lower priority stuff:

Discount smaller than 0.1% breaks rounding / limiting decimals on the discount value.

Discount color coding is not applied in main page at section "Latest Purchase Requests"

Last edited by joope1; Sep 27, 2021 at 05:12 AM.
Discount smaller than 0.1% breaks rounding / limiting decimals on the discount value.

Fixed
Discount color coding is not applied in main page at section "Latest Purchase Requests"

Initially done it on purpose - color coding is only applied for sale offers. Can change it to work for purchase requests as well.

It will be possible to remove effects from items with next game update, will be free of charge.
shops are hard to find i think there should be a way to search for shops / if a user has a shop it will automatically be on their user page like something like this

shelby#8266
listen to my music! | commission me!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#freeskizzify
Originally Posted by Last View Post
shops are hard to find i think there should be a way to search for shops / if a user has a shop it will automatically be on their user page like something like this

good idea, they are pretty hard to find atm...
Last edited by dorp; Sep 29, 2021 at 04:34 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
This might be somewhat redundant/useless issue but while changing shop description i've noticed that some characters might mess up when they're put into the description. aka incorrect charset (or whatever it's called) used for players' market pages (?)
For example, this one: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (or any other fancy characters that aren't usually look and used) in forum post this one might look fine but when you put it as shop description it'll turn into a mess.
Even in editing window that shrugging smile looks fine but when you refresh your page you'll see that it looks messy.

Edit window

After editing

Last edited by FighterKHV; Sep 30, 2021 at 06:43 PM.
|Windows Belt 10| |Damned Leader| |Ex-GameKeeper-2010| |RUTori| |Á¸² ÅùÁ|
|Ex-ClanSquad-2018| |20% Cooler than you| |1st nick - Major|

I might be missing it but is there a way to view all shops available, and not just 1 featured per refresh? Would be nice to view items by shops instead of looking for individual sellers or items
there should definately be a way to see buy offers of items you own
Something is better than nothing.