Ranking
Original Post
Lowkido
Get low! Hit the flo'! Not too low, though; there's a DQ timer on this thing.

Introducing: lowkido!

A battle of low stances in a simple aikido dojo

Inspired by multiple official mods, lowkido is a fine blend of standard aikido, erthtk, lenshu, and more!

What's so special about it, though?

GAMERULES

What makes this any different from other mods?
lowkido aims to provide a new level of strategy into combat by allowing players to show off their moves in new ways! The floor is a friend in this mod (to a limit), so make good use of it! Many players will likely prefer the other staple mods like ABD and erthtk, but you can always give it a shot and see what you think! Adapt to simple lifting openers, improvise your own combat strategy, and overcome your opponents to make them taste the ground!

SCREENSHOTS

Sound any fun? Try it out with the download below! Along with it are some replays demonstrating the lowkido experience.

Attached Files
ave-wrestling5.rpl (71.3 KB, 3 views)
ave-wrestling7.rpl (60.0 KB, 2 views)
lowkido_v4.tbm (991 Bytes, 7 views)
Last edited by avenue; Apr 12, 2022 at 07:20 PM. Reason: raised frac threshhold, added v4 version
funny blue smiling person
please to be enjoying lowkido
let's bring minibash back!
Lowkido means getting low, and that's fun. Would definitely recommend trying out this mod.

Here's a replay of me getting low with avenue (something awesome idk).
Attached Files
gettin low.rpl (57.9 KB, 1 views)
Last edited by Medirrer; Apr 13, 2022 at 02:07 AM. Reason: forgot the replay
By popular request, a new graphic form of lowkido is now available!

That's right, it's lowkido_brutal!

Well that can't be good

The gamerules remain identical to regular lowkido: 275 frames in 11 turns, 50-frame dq timer, further engage distance... except for one thing.
DMs are now enabled!

Try out the next edition of lowkido below! If you prefer the old version more, you can use the original post in this thread! The mod has undergone quite a few changes lately, but should now be settled on the currently written gamerules. Thanks to all who have attended the playtests and gave their feedback; it wouldn't be lowkido without you!
Attached Files
lowkido25.rpl (49.1 KB, 1 views)
lowkido29.rpl (65.6 KB, 1 views)
lowkido_brutal.tbm (992 Bytes, 6 views)
I would geniunely appreciate this mod in ranked
'Haku is my lenshu senpai uwu' ~ Static
Which one is official?
Hey there! Is Lowkido Brutal the official release? Or is the latest version without DMs the official release? Just want to know for when I’m hosting rooms. Thanks!
Originally Posted by EmoTeal View Post
Hey there! Is Lowkido Brutal the official release? Or is the latest version without DMs the official release? Just want to know for when I’m hosting rooms. Thanks!

lowkido_v4 and lowkido_brutal are both the finalized, "official" releases. it's just a difference of if you want DMs on or not!
big news! lowkido has just been given its own static Public server! if you wanna get in on the action, just /jo public13 at any time! it works the same as other public servers (15tc per win) and runs the brutal edition of the mod. thanks to Aliosa (and hanna) for making it happen!