Toribash
Original Post
Behind the Scenes of a War
You know what happened on February 24 2022, I didn't really care much about politics before, but in order to at least know the reasoning behind my country actions, I needed to read a lot and watch a lot.

Anyway, this thread is not about the Ukraine war specifically.

I wanted to hear you guys out, what are the main factors causing a war between countries, how can leaders from both parties prevent it, can they even do it, and is there an absolute evil side, causing such events?
•_•)
theres already a thread for this, its called [NSFW] THIS IS WAR or something like that i've never looked in it because that kind of thing makes me feel like shit but its already there
shelby#8266
listen to my music! | commission me!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#freeskizzify
Hug's thread was created for different purposes, when this one was created specifically to ask people for their opinion on the matter of war (questions are in the first post).

Ukraine is not an only subject for discussion here.
•_•)
Originally Posted by Default View Post
You know what happened on February 24 2022, I didn't really care much about politics before, but in order to at least know the reasoning behind my country actions, I needed to read a lot and watch a lot.

Anyway, this thread is not about the Ukraine war specifically.

I wanted to hear you guys out, what are the main factors causing a war between countries, how can leaders from both parties prevent it, can they even do it, and is there an absolute evil side, causing such events?

Surrender or avoid tyranny
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by Default View Post

What causes war? 3 main things. Resources, ideology and emotions.

Resources
Nations have always fought over control of land, water, minerals, and other resources that they perceive to be necessary for their survival or prosperity. For example, the Napoleonic Wars were largely fought over control of Europe's resources, and the invasion of Iraq in 2003 was justified in part by the desire to secure access to oil reserves. Ukraine is mostly about minerals.

Ideology
Disputes over political ideology, religion, and cultural values can lead to armed conflict, as different groups seek to impose their beliefs on others. The Cold War, for example, was driven in large part by ideological differences between the Western powers and the Soviet Union.

Emotion
Anger, fear, and the desire for revenge can all fuel conflict, as individuals and groups seek to satisfy their emotional needs through violence. The Rwandan genocide, for example, was driven in part by the desire for revenge and the need to assert dominance over rival groups.

For leaders to prevent war, there needs to be open diplomatic channels. That's why the world didn't end in the Cuban missile crisis. Kennedy and Khrushchev were able to negotiate each other down. Also, leaders should prioritise strengthening their economies and reducing inequality. Economically stable countries don't need to resort to wars to achieve resource security. Countries with high inequality are inherently unstable and if their government collapses a power vacuum forms. Anarchy usually results in bloodshed.
---------
In reference to the last part of your question, I don't think there's any evil mustache twirling collecting orchestrating these wars from the shadows or anything like that. It's just plain geopolitics. Countries trying to position themselves as best they can.
Last edited by Ele; Dec 19, 2022 at 03:05 PM.