Ranking
i suggest much more fair solution. Dont you see ? This resolvs not only rq problem its also cares about people that lose tc. Why instead of this you wanna solution that will punish innocent ?

If you are nervous drink half a cup of cold water in small sips. this should help
Originally Posted by xbcz View Post
i suggest much more fair solution. Dont you see ? This resolvs not only rq problem its also cares about people that lose tc. Why instead of this you wanna solution that will punish innocent ?

If you are nervous drink half a cup of cold water in small sips. this should help

duck dude.. try to look from different perspective then yourself sometimes.
seems like you have some troubles in understanding difference between cause and effect, so i will try to go really slow on this one.

you don't get tc in finals because opponent ragequited

you don't get tc in finals - is effect
because opponent ragequited - is the cause of problem.

if you will solve the cause, you would not have effect.

and such bullshit as punishing innocent is a pure crap. if i had to go i'm alright with tc penalty. it's not intended to be comfortable in the first place. it give you negative motivation to ragequit or force ping. thats the main point. accidents happen, but trying to build a system based on exceptions is a waste of time and efforts. the simplier - the better. connection lost - your fault. had to go - your fault. and it's not so bad since it doesn't go into negative values and debts.

tl;dr
i strongly advice to get rid of igeneration mindset as soon as possible and to try avoid being as selfish as you currently are. solution that generally solve the problem with couple of unlucky guys is pretty solid choice.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
I dont think is a very good idea, what if some laptop lose its battery? What if the players block blackout?
Not Supported.
"Never think you're the only one at something" - VictorTB

4 haters only

connection lost - your fault -> u get penalty and ur opponent missing ur missing prize
is double unfair
in this case simpler is not better. Im not programmer but im not think solution that I advice
is much more difficult to do. All hurt in this thread (and in others) is not about ragequiter
is about TC when people losing when someone rq. So what i suggest is more closer to
purpose. And even if rq will conyinue u will get -98% claims about this bcoz people will get their tc.
"and such bullshit as punishing innocent is a pure crap" - u not thinking about players
maybe someone after final like this decide to not play anymore.
Originally Posted by PeSystem View Post
I dont think is a very good idea, what if some laptop lose its battery? What if the players block blackout?
Not Supported.

Shitpost somewhere else.

But yeah, obvious flaw with Snake's idea is that people without tc can ragequit without penalty, but maybe if we merge the solutions, rank loss, tc penalty and cooldown.

And also, another branch of Snake's idea, if there's a penalty, could some of the money go to the winner?
At first, it seems abusive, but i don't really see a way this could be abused, as it wouldn't give you any tc if you were kicked from the server.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by xbcz View Post
is about TC when people losing when someone rq.

read my previous post one more time may be you will get it. ( about cause and effect)

"and such bullshit as punishing innocent is a pure crap" - u not thinking about players
maybe someone after final like this decide to not play anymore.

i'm still playing this game and if i had to go i go.
if some drama queen will post shit like "DUBL UNFRRIR I QUIT" then the only thing i may say that said person can go fuck himself. stop thinking about exceptions and look at cause and not effects.

getting rid of ragequiters means that noone will dare to rq during finals so you will get your tc. now stop whining and try to look from any other perspective then yourself, my dear iGen inhabitant.

any sane game dev especially of F2P game should never use such tool as giving tc to solve problems. plain common sense.
Last edited by snake; Mar 29, 2013 at 08:21 PM.
tell me about aikido
there is no "giving tc tool". there is a logical problem when two players in final and if one of them left for some reason the second did not get the prize. some ppl using this and rq in final. u not solve this problem by penalty, u solve this by removing problem
i belive you are completely hopeless case, so i had to stop arguing with you. even tho problem is ragequiting and "giving tc tool" was used just to give an idea what you are actually proposing
tell me about aikido
I wonder why, when you 'rage quit' or disconnect or ping, or whatever, your tori just stays in game (in that mach), like an empty shell, or puppet without its strings, so when you do that, tori just collapse, or to say technically your tori goes into relax all state and then moved by inertia from previous move and gravity it... Well, it collapse, like a dead object which it is.

That way, I guess, you would have won your prize, due DQ or just due the fact that tori is lifeless so he can't defend, you can hit him and toss him around and win like that till all turns are depleted.

I just wonder, did anyone thought of that, was it proposed before, since, to me, its logical and better solution then just: player left - tori disappeared from room.

Your 'soul' have left but body is still there, well, at least until new match starts, when it's removed from the game completely. This is logical solution for the problem, at least for me it is. What do you guys think?

You leave in the middle of the mach - your tori go into relax all state and collapse - it stays like that until all turns are depleted - pointing system is still active - it's removed from the room and game when next mach starts.
-----
As fro the TC and qi, well, that's another problem. Logically, if you are not present you shouldn't get any.

Now, its possible to farm with this idea, but then I'm thinking, how come we can have two users with same nickname in one room anyway? Is it impossible to set something in the game server that when you try to enter one room with same nickname or IP you get disconnected right away?

Complicated stuff, I'l have to think about it some more...
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Mar 29, 2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
rage quit penalty? why not "going out in the middle of the game penalty" or "going spectators in the middle of the game penalty" anyone agree?