Toribash
Original Post
Receiving A Proper Notification If You Are Disallowed From Posting On A Thread
Some times people receive infractions for posting in a thread they are no longer allowed to because they are unaware that it is in effect.

My suggestion would be a PM from the appropriate staff such as MSquad if it's on a thread in the market sub-forum saying that they have been disallowed from posting in X thread and to post there again would lead to receiving an infraction.

Just an idea that I think would be good for clearer communication between users and staff which would in turn reduce infractions received due to lack of communication or information and would lessen the amount of users who are upset because they feel they did not deserve a certain infraction they received etc.
Last edited by Merc; Jul 26, 2016 at 08:04 AM.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
Receiving A Proper Notification If You Are Disallowed From Posting On A Thread
Hey there everyone! Here, take a suggestion!

Now we've often received infractions that go like this; "He told you not to post on his thread anymore" and then you get an infraction added to your account, now I'm sure you think to yourself "How could I know I was at a state of ban from his thread and would receive an infraction if I further posted? No staff or automated message notified me of such a situation".

I would assume such cases are common as if you for example lowball on a market thread and the owner says "No get out" you would naturally up the offer if you were interested in the product being sold only to receive an infraction without even knowing that you were not supposed to post there in the first place.

Now after that long intro I provide my suggested solution, a staff member or bot sends a PM to the user saying something like "You are no longer allowed to post on this thread - LINK
Doing so many result in receiving an infraction or ban.". Now this would be very sufficient to inform a user that he should not post and if he would ignore it then then infraction is well deserved.

So that's all for this suggestion and thank you so much for reading.
If someone says "No get out", it seems pretty clear that you should carefully think about what you're doing before posting again.

This isn't a system that's actually possible to meaningfully automate, and to do it with staff members alone would require a ridiculous amount of manpower and effort (since it'd require reading basically every thread for these kinds of posts), especially in active boards like Market.

"No staff or automated message notified me of such a situation" to me feels like you're just trying to take the lazy way out of reading the thread. I'm sorry, but we're unable to justify providing the manpower or efficient high accuracy computing systems to implement this request when the alternative is that we ask you to read the thread and think before posting.

Now, I'll admit, I don't know how many people actually get infracted for this sort of thing off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure it's not a very large number. It doesn't seem like it's a hard thing to avoid, and it doesn't seem like it'd be difficult to tell in most cases when you should just leave something alone.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Staff wouldn't have to go through each thread. Just before sending such an infracton they could issue a primary warning instead. Shouldn't be too hard.
Why would staff warn you to not post when you can just use your own judgement to figure out that the thread owner doesn't want you posting? Seems like a lot of work for something you can do on your own.
I think I might be retired.
If you're told to stop posting somewhere by a thread owner. This means stop, it doesn't mean keep pushing it to get a reaction, Zen.

You don't need a warning or notification from staff or some automated message to understand you're not wanted somewhere. Sounds harsh, yeah, but it's the truth for some places.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Do market staff really just infract based on what the user said? 'Cause normally when you up your offer the seller allows you to keep posting. If currently MS are allowed to infract freely if a user says 'don't post here' then I see the issue too. If a user really doesn't want you posting he/she should have to message a staff member themselves. An infraction point or two could be all you need to be banned.

I believe the user telling you to stop posting should be your warning. But if you make another post that they are much more happy with, nothing should happen. If you are continuing to be a bother then they should have to report your post firstly.
blue
pink
Yes Kradel my thoughts exactly. It seems to cause multiple infractions because of an inefficient system with those kinds of cases.
The person/clan that makes the thread and can decide whether or not certain people are allowed to post in it.

If they don't want you there, then you should respect that. If you post again then you should simply get infracted for spam or useless posting. If you don't like being told you can't post there then tough.

That's their decision and you have to abide by that. Not doing so will get you infracted.

-
Also, to Kradels point of "the person should message the staff member" reporting posts cover this. The best ones just link the post where said person has been told not to post in that thread.
That makes it very easy.
Last edited by Icky; Oct 15, 2016 at 08:15 AM.
What if you want to up your offer? What if he would accept? You never know when they mean it or are being a tough negotiator.