Ranking
Original Post
evolution
hey guys, I was thinking about a classes system, you know, or something to give an RPG aspect, with agility, strength etc... etc... I think about that because this game is cool but Really repetitive and when I see someone ingame, I can get Every texture I want, every belt I want this is every time Noobclap, Snapkick etc... so maybe something to get a real difference between players. I have no idea for now but know, a lot of skilled and famous player like largekilla (I think about him because I saw not long time a post in replays thread where he explain that) are bored. so we have to find a way to evolved to RPG system Or find a solution to break this bad situation. I don't want " that gonna Affect the gameplay too much." for real we don't care, if we are on bad way, don't move cannot help us.

Seriously, if only 1 person can translate what I said, this is good
sry ^^u
Elle couuurt, Elle coooourt! LA MAAAAaaaAaladiiiie d'amOOoour! Dans le c... (cœur) des enfaaants! De 16 à 77 ans!
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
Typical unsupporting because they don't want the game to Change in any form. Before the rest of you join the bandwagon I'll try to give this a chance and maybe develop on the idea rather than bash it.

I think this could actually work if these attributes didn't affect your tori but were a way of showing how skilled you are in certain fields.
For example, getting a certain speed online with the speedometer could give you +1 speed, not actually changing the speed of your tori but showing you've achieved so and so.
The statistics of your skills could be viewed by typing a command like /skills name.

If it was something like that, supported.
It would give people more to aim for and motivation to play.

I think there is enough to aim for..
the point is: in toribash we're all the same.. like irl..
You can only be better if you learn and there is no diffrent beetween a white belt and a 10th dan .. if you forgot your skills you will lose.. and if you understand your tori, you will win.
I think the motivation is to be creative.. do moves never done before.
Well if you're an egocentric player like most people here, earning "levels" in certain skills, which may I remind you are nothing but stats displaying your achievements rather than an alteration of the the tori body, will be very rewarding and of course up your playing time and more than likely others with similar mindsets will come for this as well.

If anything this idea would branch out the fan base of toribash giving more people something they desire in a game.
Last edited by Lazors; Apr 1, 2014 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Let's not be too agressive.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
wow wow wow guy, take it easy pls, I know toribash is a unique game, I like it so much, I don't know everything it is clear, I take my time to evolved, learn, and I know experience makes difference between Person(not belt...) but I say even if you got a new move, make a point system, maybe in function of belt, put a system where you accurate your tori like "resistance of joint +10%" or " impulsion in knee and elbow +10%" you know, because (Without accumulate experience) we haven't got Real objective. that's all, Stop bashing pls
Elle couuurt, Elle coooourt! LA MAAAAaaaAaladiiiie d'amOOoour! Dans le c... (cœur) des enfaaants! De 16 à 77 ans!

Big Wall o' Text

Fuck me, I typed a fair bit right there.

These are just my thoughts.
~ Not supported
Last edited by rossbarker; Apr 1, 2014 at 06:41 PM.
| old boi | Cyri | Xioi | Chill | SparChar | Fatman | JackMorris |
"Go back in time and get it tomorrow" - Jack
well it's ok, toribash would Never change... it's ok

1 thing "Easier for pros to beat noobs" lol this is 1 point I hate in multiplayer, if noobs and beginners don't want be molested by higher belt, they have to stay in beginners servs that's all, if they want test their might ok but in any case this is not an excuse to make the evolution of the game going slowler
Restricting low belt players to their respective rooms just because they want a fair game, skill vs skill, doesn't sound like a plan they would go though with, but I can see where you're coming from.
| old boi | Cyri | Xioi | Chill | SparChar | Fatman | JackMorris |
"Go back in time and get it tomorrow" - Jack
Snook has a point, this game won't stay the same forever. Most games change dramatically to improve and gain more fans based on the current popular games of this generation. For example, Dice with it's Battlefield has pretty much gone to a limit where they have tried to create the BEST large scale fps out there and they have done a good job though there are somethings missing. Some games being created by starting teams/groups/developers are trying to implement Battlefield mechanics to make their game 'liked'.

Toribash may later even have some Mortal Kombat mechanics such as X-Rays. How cool would it be if every time a Tori was hit hard it showed you an X-Ray of the broken bone in side them, this may not happen soon but there is a chance that if it is supported it may happen later on. Of course Tori's don't have bones but it just takes a smart 3D Artist to create something like that.

Maps: Toribash maps are mostly based on Spar mods and they aren't as good as they could be. Toribash may evolve later on to have actual maps which can be done by some Environment Artists within the game though I doubt they took the time to get some Environment Artists since the default map is...blank. I would love to see a nice forest lay out, desert, snow storm, etc... You may say there are shaders but shaders aren't going to do much as for changing the gameplay.

Speed: Toribash is a very slow game in terms of how long a match can last. Maybe in the future there will be a mechanism invented to make the game faster, this may even mean playing Toribash with a controller and removing the turn frame system.

Simplicity: Toribash is a very simple game right now (for all of you noobs, I said simple, not easy) and currently games which are simply are being left out for bigger and more complicated games like Battlefield, Halo, Mirrors Edge, COD, Crysis, Titanfall, GTA 5 etc... Toribash will have to some how differ it's simplicity to a whole new level. This could mean fatalities, microphone in game chat because people love to chat with others when playing a game. Maybe even a huge ranking board and more!

Console: One day, maybe not today or tomorrow but one day Toribash will have to expand it's market and move to consoles and possibly tablets. I say this because Consoles aren't just 'kid's' toys anymore. They are catching up with TC and doing quiet good. They even have many more features than PC can offer. Besides, that's not the point, I don't want to start a war.

Speed (Round 2!): So people don't like waiting in huge queues to play a game do they? What about at the start of something like a Tournument. The tori-bot says a random questions which every player will be able to know such as: Who is 5th in queue, what mod is this? How many turn frames are at the start? Etc... and there may also be a time when Toribash will let more than two players play at once, maybe not in the same dojo but spread out across the blank canvas. Something needs to feel that huge space in so why not multiple dojos.

My point is: While other games evolve Toribash is going to get left behind unless you guys agree to change! If that change is to happen, all those who loved 'classic' toribash will be able to simply play that as a mod as in: 'classicaikido' 'classicjudo' etc...

Toribash must change, maybe not in a few years but some time it will have to otherwise it will be blocked by other games and out of gamer's view meaning only those who ever played Toribash will ever know about it.

Changes may effect gameplay but if Mortal Kombat did it, why can't another fighting game like Toribash do the same? Another good example is W2K14

Too many people are being too serious with this game. Games like Battlefield and Halo can be serious but they also have a fun mechanic to it. They are played for both fun and skill, Toribash is just now looked down upon for skill. If that is what you want then there is a chance this game will never change and will always be the exact same thing besides changes which will not effect the gameplay ever...
Last edited by Kradel; Apr 1, 2014 at 07:26 PM.
blue
pink