Ranking
Original Post
powered by traffic lights
I wrote this a while ago for the "Who is Who" project but it was disregarded and an inferior interview was posted in its place. I guess this as good a place as any to finally post it since most people wont know half of it and some find this sort of stuff interesting.

Originally Posted by Fish
I'm 22, live in New Zealand, and I like cardistry.

This timeline is mostly in order. It's mainly the things I can remember off the top of my head.

2008 - 2009
It all started when I heard about Toribash from a friend. After I learned you could even throw your own head or limbs at the enemy, I decided to give it a try. My friend never played the game himself, and I couldn't interest him in trying it either.

I had Toribash for about two years and I only played single player when I had time to kill. One of the clients I downloaded didn't want to let me play without logging in, or I just got tired of the login screen, and I ended up registering this account.

First time I ever played online was late 2009. That was when you could put any tag before your name. Back then I didn't actually know that tags were for clans, or what a clan was. I put [Fish] in front of my name when I played on an alt so people knew it was me. Someone thought it was a clan and somehow ended up joining it.

- Posted a thread for [Fish] and started using the forums.
- [Fish] became official.
- Name change: iFish23 -> Fish
- Got lifetime ToriPrime.
- Suggestions local moderator.
- Joined the Clan Council.
- Became a ToriAgent.
- Met Toribash's finest 12 year old, Echoforce.
- Became a Clan Mod.
- Started Outside

- Became a Gamemaster for a few weeks.
- Became a Super Moderator for a few months.
- Sold a giant size seven bolded pink exclamation mark to 2worlds for 81,603 TC, before wibbles was removed, in my very first auction on Toribash.
- Became an Administrator for years to come.
- Somehow got VIP.
- Made green hats, which were far superior the red submarines of the time.

I had a lot of fun setting up for the April fools prank. I don't know how long it will be before we top that. We probably put more effort into that than any other project we did this year.

At this point I was halfway through my three year programming course, and I started coding in my spare time. I ended up getting a developer account for Toribash and started with the shared banking system. Then I began work on a new clan system. This was my first time doing any web development. This is also about the time I implemented the traffic light message system. To this day, most of the torishop, clan system and even forum globals are powered by traffic lights.

It was around this time I was competing with firebolty to see who could get the most TC in Toribash. I got up to 9.1m, he reached 13m. Then all my TC was sunk because of the cap.

- Started working as a site developer for Toribash. Lots of updates for the Torishop.
- Made the clan war system.
- Continued running the council.
- Helped manage the smod and admin team.
- Added ishi colours to ishi's username.

- Finally got around to hosting the Green Hat event with the arrival of the new 3d objects. Had a pretty good turn out. Was a fair bit of work. GG shades.
- Turned over clan administration to Stellar/Ryan.
- Still heavily involved with the overall administration. At the moment it's mainly ishi and myself keeping an eye on things.
- Crafted this obnoxious flashing username just because...

Present
Still doing site dev stuff.

Last edited by Fish; Jun 3, 2014 at 02:27 PM.
Oh, i'm still remember that your nick iFish23 xD, also my cousin joined your clan too and his nick is Martabaks lel.
Last edited by Kaito; Aug 17, 2020 at 09:45 AM.

these fam are unforgettable for sure

Aegis | jdawg2001 | rawrneru | Manta | DarkDranz | Trice | Raiken

Aeon - RAM - Liquor

How do you feel about the old mantra "Fish are friends, not food."? Are your kind really friends? Is there hope for a peaceful coexistence between mankind and fishkind? Or do the sushi restaurants have the right idea? Do we need to eliminate you before it's too late?
\o/
heh, kinda like a journal

anyway, anything in specific that made you fall in love with cardistry?
beware
the goblin
Ben: are you there?
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
You still owe a drawing of me.

http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=87

light painting attempts

To be honest I've pretty much nailed it already, but I don't think more practice would hurt. I might take another whack at it tomorrow night.