ES Recruitment Drive
At least those of us that pre-purchased it get the first DLC for free, and very rarely do I play a game where I actually care for/buy/download the DLC. This, WoW (expacs = DLC?), and Civ5 are honestly the only games that I feel DLC is worth it.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Wow, I did not realise you get into the Payday2 Beta just by owning the original Payday: The Heist.
Holy crap I am blind, here I was sulking that I couldn't afford to just buy my way in...

Here I come gentlemen!
...and apparently I'm only getting in like 3 days early before release. Eh.
Last edited by 4zb41; Aug 11, 2013 at 01:53 PM.
They only offered that when there was like a week left of the beta.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Well, I haven't had a single mask drop and I'm at rep 24 now. Guess it doesn't matter much since things are going to be reset in a couple of days. Patterns? Colours? Nope, only two patterns and no mask to put them on...

Also, anyone else of the opinion that stealthing Overkill Nightclub is a really good way to farm? Although I haven't had a perfect run yet, my friends and I have completed it multiple times now without being detected until one of us inevitably screws up trying to sneak the cash bags out.

Overall, I do like the game, but I would like it if there was more "character" to it like there was in the first game - most of the current heists in the Beta tend to boil down to "get in -> drill/bust something -> bag stuff -> take bags to car" and there hasn't been anything over-the-top like having to thermite through a floor into a bank vault or fight your way down a street swarming with cops while yelling at a guy to haul ass.

I hope there's a bit more variation in the full game, but I am enjoying it regardless so far.

EDIT: Well... I got a mask in the end. But what I got was this atrocity:

Horrible Mask

Last edited by 4zb41; Aug 12, 2013 at 03:24 PM.
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
Also, anyone else of the opinion that stealthing Overkill Nightclub is a really good way to farm? Although I haven't had a perfect run yet, my friends and I have completed it multiple times now without being detected until one of us inevitably screws up trying to sneak the cash bags out.

Takes too long. Maybe 5 or so minutes to complete in full. In that time, you can get around 5 jewelry smash and grab done from difficulties ranging from normal to very hard with 3 people. Even with the overkill benefits, it has a lower payout with exp than jewelry farm. And you get much more cards, so many more masks and mods, which you can't buy.

Money is the only thing you get more of, but money comes easily.

Seriously, I did jewelry farm for an hour offline, and I went from one unaltered mask drop to 8 fully modified or material modified masks. Until I see the full mission list on release, jewelry farming seems to be the best for card farming, at the very least. Could also be a contender for exp farming.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Takes too long. Maybe 5 or so minutes to complete in full.

I guess my team just isn't very good at Jewellery Heist then. We never get a smooth run on anything above Hard, but can easily pull off an Overkill Nightclub so I suppose maybe we're missing something. Pulling in a final amount of near $2 million also looks neat.

I can see Jewellery being good for card farming but as I mentioned I cannot ever do it quickly enough. If anything I have better luck with Bank Heist...