Toribash
Original Post
[VID] Wip

Might as well post this, since I am still making it, anything I can clean up,add in this video?
If you're going to criticize, ignore the last replay, because I only added it and then rendered.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

The music was nice.
I would add some screen shaking effects when the hard hits and heavy beats are completely at sync. For example, the parts near the beginning.
I know you said to ignore the last replay, but I would add small screen shakes at the bass drops, and a color effect.
For now, I'll give it a 9/10.
Yeah. I try to avoid using shakes and effects only to signal sync, it makes it too obvious imo.
I'll be adding those sorts of things.

I dunno, it feels like im watching an old vid.
it was just like watching replays with shaders on.

there was no intro or outro, it just started and finished. and call me pedantic about it, but i feel that vids need intro's and outro's, just like movies, and music and books and letters.

you used freecam/bescam, which is a plus, but the camera work, while not bad, overall was pretty minimal, there was like, the transition angle moving into a viewpoint, then one or 2 major movements per replay only showcasing one side of the replay(except the longer ones ofcourse) but they didnt really showcase the replays as best i thought they could be.
just felt it could do with some nice smooth and long slanting angles and lines, rather than move to point a, then to point b.

the songs had really specific beats which, again, i thought could have been showcased better, dubstep(and the various subgenres) generally uses like an 8 count beat, and think vid makers should keep that in mind when syncing to them.
the breakbeat song at the start (chase & status?) worked its power notes in a repetative quick 1,2 and another quick 1,2 and you werent really paying attention to that.
similarly for the other 2 songs, use the counts. not all the time, but where it matters.

the general mixxing of the music was a bit distracting aswell, with the first song well on its way when the vid started, and the pauses between songs.

you used the "vibe" of the songs well enough tho, you could pick up when the tempo went up and down. But in that. the slow-mo could be smoother, im guessing you recorded at 30fps? true speed is like 27.7fps, so when using slow mo, you need to be recording at 60, otherwise it comes off glitchy and shakey. Filmriot did a pretty cool slow mo episode which might be usefull ircc

unless ofc, if thats what you were going for? in which case, my personal preference is smooth.

pretty stoked there were only minimal effects used tho, i quite like the clean look. no use of the horrible looking shaders you so often see, nice choices.

overall, it wasnt a bad vid, it's just lacking some small details with the music that really make the watchers go "wow, that was cool"
Last edited by BenDover; Aug 11, 2011 at 06:49 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Hm, I'll keep that in mind about the music. I try to use the songs that people want me to use, and I even had a sort of "poll" of which songs I was to use, and the first song was just what I got from it. ( Which was DJ Fresh, not chase & status ). The thing is, I tried to sync the replays to the lyrics, rather than the beat. Also I've always looked at my freecam as mediocre, so thanks for the tips from the viewer's point of view. Comparing paths in other videos and mine isn't helping out too much.
Yes, I do like to make videos simplistic, rather than spam effects and act like you know how to make videos. I mean, it makes people realize that anyone can make a good video, they just need to know their way around vegas. ;p

I recorded at 100 fps, but forgot to tick the "no sync" option, so it still looked pretty bad, but it won't be that way through the rest of the video.
Last edited by TyZi; Aug 11, 2011 at 07:01 PM.

Originally Posted by Kyou View Post
Hm, I'll keep that in mind about the music. I try to use the songs that people want me to use, and I even had a sort of "poll" of which songs I was to use, and the first song was just what I got from it.

yeah the songs choices are fine, just very specific and different beats.

Originally Posted by Kyou View Post
( Which was DJ Fresh, not chase & status ).

ah, thats it, ive got a "work music" folder that i listen to most days and chase & status and dj fresh are in there, confused between the 2, breakbeat automatically took me into chase & status mode.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
I like the first have of the video the most with the air lift replays and when you choked out the uke that was fricken awesome i liked that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An intelligent man lives for the moment and plans for the future. A wise man lives like he is already dead. Which one are you?