Ranking
Original Post
Countdown
Hi

So I was playing quick aikido today, I won a match, and as the next match started, my toribash froze for a few secs, since it is quick aikido, this cost me a valuable 5 seconds.
So then this idea came to my head: Countdown

When a toribash game begins, it will begin with a countown, 5.....4....3....2....1....Begin!

This gives the players time to think and plan their moves. The operator may also choose whether to have a 10sec countdown, or 5sec or 3sec etc.

Sorry if this has been suggested before. What do you guys think?
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
So here is a review of countdown:

-Prevents players from spacing right at the beginning.
-Allows players to examine their opponent because sometimes when multiple people leave, the next person you fight is almost randomized, for example suddenly you are in a fight with hampa, countdown will give you time to notice him and his skill level so you know to shovel him.
-Like said above, gives you time to plan your move, whether to kick, punch, shovel, clap etc so you don't have to rush click your joints.
-Gives some time for players to switch browser before the game begins.
-Whoever leaves/spectates during the countdown will not lose elo rating.
-During countdown, you are not allowed to adjust any joints, but you may move your cursor and camera angle. This also gives the chance for players to get their camera in a good position before the game begins.
-/em may be used during countdown? I'm not sure
-Replays will not include the countdown period.
-It's kinda traditional for every game to have a countdown in the beginning and it's cool ;).
-I propose that the countdown timer is fixed, or maybe the operator may adjust it.
-The Kiai sound will play during the countdown? I'm not sure about this
-Players may purchase different countdown animation from the torishop etc (or even countdown sound)

This is all i can come up with so far.
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
Maybe leaving in countdown should have smaller penalty than leaving mid-fight. Leaving mid game is cowardly whereas leaving a few turn frames before you lose is just annoying and rude. Countdown would give people a chance to avoid getting into fights they don't want. I don't think many people would leave mid countdown, the reason that people don't leave games if they want to keep playing in servers with lots of people is because they would have to wait in the queue again before fighting and in servers with fewer people there would be no point because they would end up fighting the same guy continuously.
Otherwise you idea is totally supported by me. Good thinking.
Good morning sweet princess