Toribash
Original Post
No Ghosts Option
I have no idea if this has been suggested already and if it has please tell me so. I was thinking of an option where you can turn the ghosts off. I think this would be a cool way to test how you can fight without seeing your ghost. I know you can already do this in singleplayer but I was wondering what it would be like in multiplayer.

This idea would only be used for fun purposes such as a tournament without ghosts to see who can play the best without seeing their ghost. This would also be added as an option in the game rules so when you enter a server you know if ghosts are turned off or on to avoid scamming in duels. I understand ghosts are an essential part of the game but again, this is for fun purposes to test how well you can control your Tori. Say what you think about this idea, I know there could be some flaws in it and it might as-well be useless, but it's only for fun, no harm intended and it can't really be used for the bad since the game rules would tell you before you even play.
Creati0n is the WORST Smite player EVER
Supported. This opens up a ton of new event ideas. People already do this, but it's very possible to cheat. ;)
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Yes indeed, many new options and ideas will be available from this. It isn't really easy to cheat because neither payer has visibility of their ghosts so it comes down to who knows the tori's joints better and the game mechanics.
Why turn off the ghost for everyone else? It doesn't affect the viewers at all. It actually gives them something to watch while they are specing. For betting lobbies, the ghost are especially useful. Players are able to bet judging by the ghost(Ghost always lie). The ghost are and should remain an option unless there are specific "Pro" servers set up stating otherwise. I am not sure how having no ghost would be beneficial to someone unless they were looking for a challenge, but that is where the "B" option comes in.
A hasbeen like the rest
That is the whole point of this suggestion, to make ghost a option to toggle them on or off. I'm talking about turning off the ghosts for the players Danny, for the people actually fighting. I haven't said anything about spectators, they will be able to see the ghost but n option to turn them off for the people actually fighting would be cool.
Originally Posted by xlr84life View Post
Without ghost, you can't see momentum, or the direction your tori is going.

its turnbased, watch what happened before when the turn ended duh

i support yes
That actually does make sense, and would make GM events a bit more interesting. Sounds like a good idea
A hasbeen like the rest
I'd say... Not supported, why?

People will go all sh*t on this idea. One example is the hair items.
People were like "Make hair, its a great idea"
Some people who supported the hair suggestion was like "Remove the hair, doesn't look like hair at all"

- - - -
I'm guessing people will complain and be like "what the f? I lost bc of the ghosts! could have had won, you fucking gm's! fuck all of you... etc..." then start a flame fest.

Since No Ghosts Option is competitive, the prize/s must be really frigging high. If the prizes were low, they'd complain and make you remove the option.

Since the prizes might be an expensive item/high tc/ high st, people will start rigging matches, split the money afterwards, etc...

Not supported

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Originally Posted by Karstnator View Post
I'd say... Not supported, why?

People will go all sh*t on this idea. One example is the hair items.
People were like "Make hair, its a great idea"
Some people who supported the hair suggestion was like "Remove the hair, doesn't look like hair at all"

- - - -
I'm guessing people will complain and be like "what the f? I lost bc of the ghosts! could have had won, you fucking gm's! fuck all of you... etc..." then start a flame fest.

Since No Ghosts Option is competitive, the prize/s must be really frigging high. If the prizes were low, they'd complain and make you remove the option.

Since the prizes might be an expensive item/high tc/ high st, people will start rigging matches, split the money afterwards, etc...

Not supported

no one should complain about the shit they got themselves into
the prizes should be a little higher but not by a lot, it just makes everything a bit more interesting than the normal, oh hes doing this in the ghost so i can predict what hes going to do next so im easily just going to counter it
inb4 local ghost hacks. It wouldn't be impossible to hack around that. Also duels would still be scammable because not many people read the gamerules or anything. It would never be added because the server would have to disable a local feature of the game and that could easily be modded around so you can see ghosts (at least seeing your own wouldn't be too hard).

~ Not supported
_________________.( MindStorm )._________________
I'm the leader of this pretty cool clan called Apex.
IRC is love, IRC is life. Hit me up on the #Apex channel!
Wanna help feed my ego? Join my fan club!
Are you awesome? Apply for Apex.