Toribash
Originally Posted by Link View Post
toribash aged well, but not that well.

When ofl (or something broken) gets started again, maybe you'll see a small influx again. We had it going a little upity for a bit, but I wouldn't expect any big changes

But you know, this game isn't so bad. It does have some fun in it(when I said some, I mean like little). I guess we might as well just pray for this game to hit a good amount of traffics.
I love being a sunset lover.
Reasge#7856
Originally Posted by Rezlopi View Post
Did this community get a copious amount of people after that Toribash TikTok video?

It did for like a day or two, then everybody left lol - the learning curve i guess.

Imo Toribash is dying because there is nothing new happening, like the official servers mostly remained the same since when I joined which was around 2015, it can get boring sometimes just doing the same thing over and over again. Especially with mods like abd which literally feels like you're redoing the same match over and over again. Imo this is the reason why most people quit Tb - at least that was the reason why I had several year breaks from it. They should add more fun mods into official servers e.g. Jesuscopter, Jousting etc.

Another thing, what happened to things like ETourneys? Back in the day they used to be hosted nearly everyday and by multiple staff, these days I rarely come across an Etourney and when I do its always by Assassinpro

However, in my opinion its not the old players leaving that actually makes the game die, its the low influx of new players. This game isn't advertised anywhere and when it is advertised e.g. that one tiktok, they show the finished product and not the grind which it took, making people super disappointed once they play the game, the support for beginner players sucks etc.
Last edited by Xife; Mar 21, 2021 at 03:05 PM.
print("Hello, World!")
I can see why people leave after a day to a week of playing considering Toribash is generally a hard game to learn and it is continuous with the same things and we already know this, saying "Toribash is dead because of the learning curve" isn't going to make the game popular or give the moderators of this game any help with making it better, the game won't change.

However, if we think about other things that make it hard, such as making TC for new players: why don't we add new stuff every week.

my list of daily and weekly updates:

Daily events (unlikely): At a random moment in the day/night there could be a random event that is "Do the most damage to win +TC & QI." this could be set in only 1 public server or in all of the public lobbies so that players aren't tempted to load up a mod and abuse this.

Weekly Event (likely): So with this it can be 1 - 5 different in-game/community events such as "Play Public Lenshu and win 500TC every match won" just so you can get plenty of people on every week to play random mods that have a 2x/3x the TC amount.

Weekly Event (likely): There could be a race event on who can get on the other side of *parkour map* the fastest? this doesn't have to be a realism event at all considering not everyone is into realism at all, at the end of the week, those who participated and submitted their replay to said event thread will be watched by the judge/judges and the fastest to the end wins X amount of TC & QI.

Weekly Discounts (likely): I believe there are already discounts on some items in the store but let's be real, those items on sale don't intrigue anybody and I think some if not most of those items on discount are only on Shiai Tokens Discounts, make those into TC discounts so that people actually have a chance to get those without having to spend real life money on Shiai Tokens. These items on discount should be force and relax items as well as literally everything else that seem popular to make it a tad easier for new players and players who don't have enough TC to get.

After looking at some of the items (mostly force and relax items), there is a hand-full of them being high QI and quite frankly near to impossible to acquire, such as the Void and Demon and a lot of people love those two colours and so I suggest making an event that could give low QI players a chance to win one of those high QI colours to give them motivation to play this game for longer.

With the rewards players will get from this won't only be TC but these rewards could also be Qi but that's a stretch considering QI is supposed to be only the amount of games played but if you think about it, Qi also determines what items you can actually buy and playing Tens and THOUSANDS of games really isn't worth a darker force to be put onto your Tori.

These are all just examples but I could go on with new events that should be added to make this game generally better and not seem like it's been abandoned, I'm not sure if some of these are already in play but if they aren't then I'd consider giving them a try.

The replay events and the art events seem cool and all but not everyone is good at making replays and drawing, make it fair for every single player that joins into this game and not regret installing Toribash.
Last edited by torment; Mar 21, 2021 at 05:54 PM.
Originally Posted by Rezlopi View Post
I can see why people leave after a day to a week of playing considering Toribash is generally a hard game to learn and it is continuous with the same things and we already know this, saying "Toribash is dead because of the learning curve" isn't going to make the game popular or give the moderators of this game any help with making it better, the game won't change.

However, if we think about other things that make it hard, such as making TC for new players: why don't we add new stuff every week.

my list of daily and weekly updates:

Daily events (unlikely): At a random moment in the day/night there could be a random event that is "Do the most damage to win +TC & QI." this could be set in only 1 public server or in all of the public lobbies so that players aren't tempted to load up a mod and abuse this.

Weekly Event (likely): So with this it can be 1 - 5 different in-game/community events such as "Play Public Lenshu and win 500TC every match won" just so you can get plenty of people on every week to play random mods that have a 2x/3x the TC amount.

Weekly Event (likely): There could be a race event on who can get on the other side of *parkour map* the fastest? this doesn't have to be a realism event at all considering not everyone is into realism at all, at the end of the week, those who participated and submitted their replay to said event thread will be watched by the judge/judges and the fastest to the end wins X amount of TC & QI.

Weekly Discounts (likely): I believe there are already discounts on some items in the store but let's be real, those items on sale don't intrigue anybody and I think some if not most of those items on discount are only on Shiai Tokens Discounts, make those into TC discounts so that people actually have a chance to get those without having to spend real life money on Shiai Tokens. These items on discount should be force and relax items as well as literally everything else that seem popular to make it a tad easier for new players and players who don't have enough TC to get.

After looking at some of the items (mostly force and relax items), there is a hand-full of them being high QI and quite frankly near to impossible to acquire, such as the Void and Demon and a lot of people love those two colours and so I suggest making an event that could give low QI players a chance to win one of those high QI colours to give them motivation to play this game for longer.

With the rewards players will get from this won't only be TC but these rewards could also be Qi but that's a stretch considering QI is supposed to be only the amount of games played but if you think about it, Qi also determines what items you can actually buy and playing Tens and THOUSANDS of games really isn't worth a darker force to be put onto your Tori.

These are all just examples but I could go on with new events that should be added to make this game generally better and not seem like it's been abandoned, I'm not sure if some of these are already in play but if they aren't then I'd consider giving them a try.

The replay events and the art events seem cool and all but not everyone is good at making replays and drawing, make it fair for every single player that joins into this game and not regret installing Toribash.

Some of these ideas are actually very good and realistic, another thing i'd think of is to bring the ranks back! I really miss grinding out matchmaking and ranked servers to get the best rank possible
print("Hello, World!")
that’s another thing with the grindy aspect of the game.

yeah, you took the time to learn how to move and played a decent amount of the game, but for what?

you can grind to 10th dan and you would still only have around 10-12k tc.

the rewards for just playing the game every day are so small! 500 tc + 1 st per week? in a game where all the cool stuff costs at least 24 st? what’s the point? toribash shot itself in the foot with how the market is and we’re already too far deep in this pothole that we can’t completely revamp the market because the dumb majority of the community have already bought these insanely overpriced items and will be very angry if the value of them are lowered.

grinding to custom belt just so your tori can be a black color? seriously?
Originally Posted by skizz View Post
that’s another thing with the grindy aspect of the game.

yeah, you took the time to learn how to move and played a decent amount of the game, but for what?

you can grind to 10th dan and you would still only have around 10-12k tc.

the rewards for just playing the game every day are so small! 500 tc + 1 st per week? in a game where all the cool stuff costs at least 24 st? what’s the point? toribash shot itself in the foot with how the market is and we’re already too far deep in this pothole that we can’t completely revamp the market because the dumb majority of the community have already bought these insanely overpriced items and will be very angry if the value of them are lowered.

grinding to custom belt just so your tori can be a black color? seriously?

This is why I’m suggesting these weekly and daily events to somewhat help the new players and players that don’t have the motivation the play the game for years upon years just to get 100k TC, not to mention to grind all those hours to get a 100k TC name change.

It’s not the staff’s fault but I see more than a hand full of Event Squad staff and but enough events, I know they might do other stuff and not get paid to do all this stuff but come on now, it’s in the job titles name.
Sigh... I've been here for a while now reading through everything that has been said. But you guys seem to forget that replay making is a big aspect of toribash. As a replay maker i've noticed many things even though ive been away for a while, every time new players join they aren't introduced to replay making from the start they instantly go into competitive mods like abd boxshu n what not which imo are very very boring. yes becoming a replay maker takes abit of time but its worth it, it actually has some versatility. versatility comes in sparring parkour uke bash etc everyone has a different style in which they do things. old toribash was heavily based on replay making from what ive experience i know im all over the place but what im trying to say is that new players play competitive lose alot gets frustrated quits its a continuous cycle that of which will never end until the tutorial aspect is truly fixed and made more straight to the point... which could enhance the learning experience for new players
Im trying my hardest to make sense
Last edited by Heathen; Mar 26, 2021 at 04:28 PM.
Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
every time new players join they aren't introduced to replay making from the start they instantly go into competitive mods like abd boxshu n what not which imo are very very boring.

I have a simple solution for this and I completely agree with this, since the intro to the game has change a couple times and I really like this new intro to the game with the grandpa and what not, I think at the end of that intro they should give the player a choice to either go straight into multiplayer or go to single-player, if they go into single-player they could be given another intro/tutorial on what replay making is and the basics, I'm sure they could get one of the replay makers who are willing to help with that such as Pusga, Orko, Fred or any other.