Toribash
Original Post
I haven't read it. I've seen the movie, and I really liked it. The whole "books are always better" thing makes me assume that you're possibly correct. I'll read it eventually, and update my post. Check back in a few years.
Thanks.
maybe... I like All quite on the western front.
|Ex-VorteX Moderator|Gravitation|<3 Wushu |
Long live VorteX in memory
Terry Prachet is better. To me Douglas Adams is like an inferior clone of Prachet :/

The book was OK, but nothing to rave about.
I saw the movie, but I was like 10, and I got really upset when the alien crushes the little crab. But the movie made me lmao.

Your towel is indeed the ultimate weapon.
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Terry Prachet is better. To me Douglas Adams is like an inferior clone of Prachet :/

The book was OK, but nothing to rave about.

This is true, but the radio series is pretty hilarious.
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post

Ya, but you cant just read ONE discworld book.
you have to read all one hundred and fourteen of them.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
I've only read like 20 of them :<

I think it is ok just to read a few, you can infer a lot, and a lot isn't explained anyway. Also a lot of them aren't connected at all, or exist outside the timeline. For example the one about the time monks (apologies, I forgot the name), at the end of the book they go back and rearrange history to make the current universe exist. So essentially the whole book does not impact the main characters or storyline. @_@

Though they do involve Death and the other Horsemen, but they don't really discuss their past much... (Actually I wonder if they were affected by the dimension shift... Time's son wasn't (obviously) and some of the high ranking monks weren't, but normal humans were. Auditors weren't though... Gah, the best thing about Discworld is that things only appear to make sense! You can never tell what has and has not been thought through, and with so many books you are kind of just forced to accept that Discworld does what it likes and doesn't afraid of anything)