Ranking
The only "legendary" thing about Inq is how many times Lightningkid convinced some other clan to merge with his, so Inq could avoid its inevitable death for a few more months.

Best,
Guy in cool legendary clan

EDIT: I am being facetious, do not take this post seriously.
Last edited by Moonshake; Dec 28, 2019 at 09:01 PM.

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
based
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
Originally Posted by Moonshake View Post
The only "legendary" thing about Inq is how many times Lightningkid convinced some other clan to merge with his, so Inq could avoid its inevitable death for a few more months.

Best,
Guy in cool legendary clan

Yeah, the best thing about Inq was that lightninkid kept that clan alive for ten years and the same members for atleast 5 couldnt stay away because we loved it.

Not only that, their legends stayed and remained there lol

The most noteable thing about [NO]: Circle Jerk
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Originally Posted by Icky View Post
Big eyeroll moment, but go nuts and pursue whatever narritive you want to write. You're just mad they thought you were shit and you couldn't figure out how to prove them wrong once.

Ahah, what does that even mean? I barely interacted with Bncy. Who's the mad one here, really? It's just a game bro.

But w/e man, go with whatever 'narritive' you want.

Also,
Originally Posted by Icky
Legend criteria isn't really written down anywhere. It's not designed to be a target. But if I had to make a vague toss at the mark I'd put it down to having a lasting impact or impression on toribash as a whole and it's direction moving forward.
[NO] pretty much did that multiple times by multiple people... Many of them actually having *very* lasting impacts on where toribash was heading. Not even a particularly thorough search will have you end up with multiple threads/discussions/rules/projects that were headed by and carried out along with people from [NO]

>say there is no criteria for legend
>create own criteria
>justify [NO]s inclusion by that newly created criteria
>??
Got 'em

Why not just say 'There is no criteria, we make it up as we go along', rather than give us your own rambling 'narritive' that basically just equates to 'Staff leaders led things'. I mean, I don't really care, both roads lead back to staff fetishism, but it would make things less convoluted.
I'd like to point out that you're making a big deal out of NO falling into Icky's 'made up' criteria. Like, of course they do... it's a legendary clan.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Hi,

Can we please keep this civil. It hasn't strayed too far in the shitty zone at all, just posting as a reminder. Ironic, I know, that I'm posting this, but it doesn't matter.

Just don't directly flame people and stay on topic; we'll be pretty much good here.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Originally Posted by Divine View Post
I'd like to point out that you're making a big deal out of NO falling into Icky's 'made up' criteria. Like, of course they do... it's a legendary clan.

Yeh bro... The point is that with no formalized criteria, he (and others) can justify NOs inclusion into legendary status however he wants (and by the same token, deny INQ). See?
Originally Posted by ed View Post
Just don't directly flame people and stay on topic; we'll be pretty much good here.

Ty ed - You hear that Icky? Play nice.
no ~ I
Last edited by Icky; Dec 28, 2019 at 01:35 AM.
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
The most noteable thing about [NO]: Circle Jerk

My flagrant bating aside, this is just a half-truth at best. It's not like upon the question of NO being a legendary clan, the only people to vote were NO mafia henchmen: iirc, when it was actually up for debate for the clan becoming legendary, I am pretty sure the only active staff member we had was ed. At best, I'd say at most one or two people from NO could have vouched for the clan to become legendary, but regardless, Skul and suo would have the final say, two people who pledge no allegiance to the "NOlluminati". Also, I am only guessing about all of this, since I was also not staff anymore at this time.

"Circle jerk" is just a disingenuous hand-wave to the fact that (as Icky already said) NO had so many members who were at one time major players in the community. There have been many "staff clans", but none likely as notorious and influential as NO. I believe there are other legendary clans whose legendary status is more questionable than that of NO's (not like I actually disagree with any).

And yes, I am in NO, and I was associated with the "NOlluminati" at one point in time. But, I am trying to be absolute here, and I also haven't spoken to most of those guys in years, so it's not like my bias is blinding my reasoning.

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
why is this a debate about no?

look at all the members and what they did for the community, i don't think there has been a clan like no where so many members influenced the community in a positive way

is this a debate against no or for inq?
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
mwah, it's a 'debate' (it's an inquiry) about the standards of what it takes to be a legendary clan

Turns out there is no standard. No formalised criteria. Is all case-by-case. Which is fine (some things should be handled on a case-by-case basis), but it just means that there's no 'formula' for what it takes to be legendary, therefore, no way to really reverse-engineer why Inq didn't get legendary

In the process of attempting to reverse-engineer, the (stated) reasons why other clans achieved legendary status were examined and NO was one of them

Hope that cleared things up