Updated Clans system
57 Votes / 39.58%
New Market system
87 Votes / 60.42%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Choose the next Toribash update - Clans vs Market
Hi, next week I'm planning to start work on Toribash 5.53 and need help deciding what it should focus on.
Options to choose from are Clans and Market, and here are the drafts for each of these updates:

Clans
  • Full clan controls in game client with wars, member management, invites and on
  • Automated system for clan officialization based on fixed criteria
  • Fully automated activity checks
  • Clan shop with exclusive items to spend perk points on

Market
  • In-game Market GUI
  • Steam Market like system with an ability to put a sale / purchase offer
  • Tax on every item sale to combat economy inflation (same as Steam does, sellers can see how much they'll sell for and how much they'll actually receive, buyer only sees the buy price)
  • Premium shops that allow to sell without tax / sell no-qi items

Most popular vote gets added with 5.53 update.
Please keep in mind that I'm currently not considering any other big updates for 5.53 - both of these have been on the backburner for quite a long time now.

If you've got any other ideas for either the Clans or Market system, please share.
Originally Posted by T0n0mi View Post
If suggestions would be appreciated, i will drop some ideas here.

Yeah, I've mentioned that in OP

Originally Posted by Chirox View Post
Also, what heppens with the items that are already placed on market?

Old market will likely stay online for some time after new one's launch and you'll be able to migrate items with a few clicks
I prefer clans first but i do have a dumb market idea i'd like to share:

Give modmakers 100 TC per 20 downloads or something to that effect.

Not that there aren't incredible modmakers out there doing great work but I think this will incentivize high quality mod creation in the scope of playability and aesthetic. This also rewards the old timers for the great work they've done.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Since ideas for the clan system are welcome, I will try my best:
Warning: I am slav and don't know amerikano languege

Since Toribash is a game similar to a martial arts simulator, it makes sense to record the achievements of the clan in one or another mod. And else
In addition, it will be easier for some players to understand in which clan they will have more partners to play on abd or lenshu, maybe shu-mods.
I’m not saying that it will revive the game, I’m not saying that it will make life better, but at least it can become more interesting!
When you "upgrade" your clan, at least within the limits of a page on the site, it already looks like a reward. You feel some kind of change and it motivates you to spend more time playing. (This rule applies not only to the clan.)
Actually, I will split my opinion on this score into several points and sub-points. Roman numerals and Arabic numerals (if I deem it necessary).

I. What in my opinion can make toribash clans more immersive in "martial arts" thing.

1) Depending on the level, the clan has the right to choose a mod for itself, in which it is ready to first of all conduct activity in the form of clanwars.
Suppose that from 1-10 levels, you have the right to choose only one discipline (category of mods, kinda mma-mods or lenshu mods, or aikido, whatever)
After reaching the "cap" for the upgrade, clan can choose another discipline. So up to four. (every 25 levels, maybe, maybe up to three, idk)
For a set of experience, pumping of each discipline - the clan receives bonuses to experience, bonuses to PerkPoints and will possibly be displayed as the strongest clan according to one or another mod. In a separate tier list.

2) Stats, stats, stats. Clan rank for these mods matters. Roughly speaking, each clanwar is recorded and displays the clan's combat effectiveness in this mod.
Along the way, I would like to see statistics on who among the clan roster is the most combat-ready. Integration of player statistics into the statistics of clan wars. So that you can see the dynamics and etc
(This already looks more like a tool for administering clan members. Perhaps this is too much for tb, but why not?)

3) Clan is all about conflicts. This is my opinion. In game full of dismemberment and blood, you can't exist without conflicts, so why not put them on the right path and create a reputation system?
Based on the same clanwars, the game will track the clan, which will be designated as "enemy number one", or "bag for beating" (like in PVP games, your arch enemy and guy you kicking in butt)
Thus, the mistakes of this or that clan will be exposed to the public, and the clan will have to fight for its reputation and for its tag.
Labels such as "enemy number one" or "beating bag" also give a kind of bonuses to clan experience, to PP, in case of retaliation (in order to bring revenge for such status) or to root it.

Statistics are cool if presented correctly. The only thing that I have no idea how to avoid abuse of that system with XP and PP bonuses. There are a lot of idiots among duelists (Ancient is top idiot upon that list, jk) who like to make one-day clans, and, in principle, play from alts.

II. How to make clans fight each other even more:

Let's assume that each official server (room) is a kind of "checkpoint" for clan that must be captured and held. (Remember the King of the Hill).
But the point is that by capturing such a point - for some time the clan will receive passive income from it. Roughly speaking, if players are playing on the server, then their actions are converted to the same XP and PP.
Over time, the server becomes available for "capture" (let's say in two days), at the same moment another clan can "take over" the server.
Essentially, the grabbing process will look like a clanwar but with other ppl in queue. That is, ordinary players play, but at the same time members of competing clans.
If the forces of other clans are absent on the server for some time (strictly OFFICIAL, unofficial clans should not have access to such a function), then the server remains in the possession of the clan that captured the server.

1) Advantages of server capturing:
If the server with mod (example: Public Aikido) belongs to the clan discipline (aikido mods), then the clan gets more bonuses from clanwar on this mod.

2) Server loss:
If the clan "lost" the sevrere, then this directly affects its statistics. Server battles should be counted in the same way.

III. Clan Economy (i think it have chances to be something)

1) Clanbank as separate inventory (which could be bought for PP).
It would be very convenient to have a separate tab on the interface, where there would be a full-fledged inventory. Access to which only certain roles have.
From this inventory, you can buy items to the clan bank, trade and also send items.
Including it would be cool to do wager wars automatically, by forum. Just entering TC amount as amount of games to win.

2) Clanbank as "local market" for it's members.
Imagine that by its actions in multiplayer, a clan fills itself with certain "points". Suppose - the same PP. A separate category of currency, not just useless thing (as rn). Which allows the clan to make their own inventory to sell to their members (with limited stock, 10 items as an example)
(Roughly speaking, for a certain amount of these PPs - the clan has the right to "place" a certain number of items in its store. Suppose qi-boosters and certain color-packs. (Which, when purchased, CANNOT be resold or transferred to another account. They will remain forever with the player, that I bought them.)
The player, being active in the clan, earns himself separate "Influence Points", which he has the right to spend on these very items that his own clan sells to him.
(but if a player leaves the clan, then he loses all these items and currency)

3) PP convertation into TC.
If a clan has a huge amount of Perk Points, then it should be allowed to convert them into Toricredits, because Toricredits is a universal currency. Also, he can supply his own bank with it for the same clanwar.

IV. Ally system.

It would be really nice to have complex clanwars with multiple clans fighting each other on one server. If it's wagerwar, TC separating (most of tc going to clan who made most wins in war) (assisting clan not a winner, so such things not tracking in stats, but it make some money)
1) On the forum, on the clan page, there should be a separate tab where you can add allied clans (again, official) that have the right to help the clan.

2) At the same time, the system of allies should not conflict with the statistics of the clan in battles. (look I.3)

3) The clan must have a policy. It's impossible to be friends with everyone at once. (We live in the real world, not Naruto)
For this reason, the number of "allied clans" should be limited (it can be increased for Perk Points, but this pleasure should not be cheap). But the rule "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" should work i guess.

V. Rank system based on nods and graphs (or at least possibility)

The meaning here is extremely simple. The system of interaction at the "top-down" level is extremely inconvenient for building intra-clan interaction. I would like to be able to configure the interaction between ALL members of the chain separately.
I want a clan member to be able to automatically move up the hierarchy to the extent of his activity and combat performance. (if the rank provide for promotion by activity, which i can check on some ranks as leader)
(Including it would be great to have "unranked" to be with trial rank brackets)
It would be great to be able to thoroughly monitor the progress of clanmates and just maintain the system.

Vi. Clan's own "knowledge base" looking like tutorial on default TB.

It would be great to teach clanmates with such scripted scenes, to explain some techniques and etc, so i suppose there should be constructor for that.
(Just imagine to learning a suplex or running in interactive scene, it would be great)

Well, i guess that's all i could say rn. I have shiettons of ideas, but idk how possible they are.

BTW, how rich clan would flex with theyr PP

-----
tried to keep up my idea "bounded" to it's own thesis and upcoming features, kinda balanced, in theory
Last edited by T0n0mi; Jul 23, 2021 at 03:50 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
It took me ten years to find the answer to something, and I forgot about it in two seconds
First of all,clans.

why clan instead of market?

Because , imho, clans (and or people of clans) , are what made some incredible , engaging things for TB over the years.

Also,better clanmanagment could potentially mean more players and more players mean there are potentially more people who use the market.

With that being said i want to direct the attention on T0n0mis post.

https://forum.toribash.com/showpost....5&postcount=15

Some of those ideas are viable, which ones are viable i will leave to the actual developers.
Last edited by Kane; Jul 24, 2021 at 07:22 AM.
Why not both?

But seriously, clan system needs to be updated.
Click Here To Learn MMA today!
If there is effort, there is always accomplishment. - Jigoro Kano
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Hi, next week I'm planning to start work on Toribash 5.53 and need help deciding what it should focus on.
Options to choose from are Clans and Market, and here are the drafts for each of these updates:

Clans
  • Full clan controls in game client with wars, member management, invites and on
  • Automated system for clan officialization based on fixed criteria
  • Fully automated activity checks
  • Clan shop with exclusive items to spend perk points on

Market
  • In-game Market GUI
  • Steam Market like system with an ability to put a sale / purchase offer
  • Tax on every item sale to combat economy inflation (same as Steam does, sellers can see how much they'll sell for and how much they'll actually receive, buyer only sees the buy price)
  • Premium shops that allow to sell without tax / sell no-qi items

Most popular vote gets added with 5.53 update.
Please keep in mind that I'm currently not considering any other big updates for 5.53 - both of these have been on the backburner for quite a long time now.

If you've got any other ideas for either the Clans or Market system, please share.

I would seriously appreciate an automated methodology for clans to become official.
I submitted my 50k TC and was not approved, denied, or refunded the partial amount-- Just silence (Nothing personal to the dude, maybe he was too busy?)
It was and has been incredibly frustrating to deal with.
Our Clan literally hits 1# for activity and still can't manage to be allowed to become official.
For me as the leader it's been a bit discouraging to deal with considering most official clans are from the Hey-Day of Toribash when the numbers were far more substantial.
So now, anything and everything means a ton in order to keep the community motivated and alive.
We NEED the investments into the game to be rewarded with something we can experience tangibly.
2 in the Meme, 1 in the Dream.