ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Glimpsed View Post
do you lift weights?

I lift my bodyweight with calisthenics stuff, pretty much everyday

do you go to the gym?

I attend a gymnastics center weekly to train

do you work out or participate in any physical activities other than sports and I'm not talking about any damn e-sports

parkour/freerunning, been training off and on for a long time (since 2016). Got into calisthenics because I wanted to get more physically capable for freerunning but aesthetic gains are mostly what made me stick with it so long

I don't know if you wanted this thread to be exclusively for people who weight train in public gyms but I'll answer these anyway

how long have you been lifting?

I've been doing bodyweight training since like 2017, started from being completely skeletal and am now pretty above average

what's your favorite exercise?

At the moment I'm spamming archer pushups because the clean one armed pushup is a goal of mine

what's your max bench? and why is it less than mine?

No idea, it's less than mine because I am bench press noob

what do you hope to achieve through lifting?

I think consistent training is incredible for a person like me with adhd, since you're familiarizing your mind with doing things that aren't fun and you have no motivation for, you train just because it's the right thing to do, knowing you'll later be grateful you did it. Would personally recommend trying any type of consistent challenging training to people struggling with executive dysfunction.

The feeling of progression and being physically capable is also great for mental health

always wanted to try freerunning, what would you say is the best advice for someone wanting to get started freerunning? / what do you feel is the best training to do in order to seamlessly get into freerunning? - my cardio is really poor nowadays, I'm still training and working out but I rarely run anymore and I smoke a lot oregano so I wouldn't even know how long I would last running min 3 miles. back in time when I played soccer before the season I would never be in shape for the tryouts, get in on pure touch and game knowledge and have to train cardio for the next month until the 1st game because I played mid. going up and down the field for 90 mins no cardio makes you look like a scrub.

Originally Posted by Nurse View Post
do you lift weights?

no

do you go to the gym?

no

do you work out or participate in any physical activities other than sports and I'm not talking about any damn e-sports

ya i like running i used 2 run cross country in school i was preetty freaking fast, i also like 2 skate like do tricks n stuff but bc everywhere i go is icy im not good

zero days

running

milk jug :3

a sweet ass

from OP ->

if you don't lift:
why aren't you lifting?
do you want to get started?
do you have any questions on how to get started?
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
from OP ->

if you don't lift:
why aren't you lifting?
do you want to get started?
do you have any questions on how to get started?

i dont wnat 2 lift u cant make me
shelby#8266
listen to my music! | commission me!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#freeskizzify
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
always wanted to try freerunning, what would you say is the best advice for someone wanting to get started freerunning? / what do you feel is the best training to do in order to seamlessly get into freerunning? - my cardio is really poor nowadays, I'm still training and working out but I rarely run anymore and I smoke a lot oregano so I wouldn't even know how long I would last running min 3 miles.

I can only really say what worked for me, but getting a basic safety vault (outside hand and outside leg up on the obstacle, stepping through with inside leg) over a railing is where I personally started. It's probably the easiest and safest movement there is. From there I progressed to more difficult vaults (kong, 360/reverse vault, speed vault) and got a feel for traversing over an obstacle at a basic level.

Here's some other fundamental stuff I thought of that you should find tutorials for easily that will help you get to a good basic freerunning level though-

Precision jump- from both a standing and running start, jumping from one surface to another, sticking the landing on the edge with the balls of your feet, allowing your ankles to absorb impact and avoid sending the shock up your poor joints. This is the one that'll take the most drilling and be most important to your ability to judge distance and land in a controlled and safe manner.

Basic flips- sideflip, frontflip, backflip (these are intimidating but will feel very easy once you drill them enough, crashmat or mattress necessary for learning backflip).

Cat leap/arm jump- jumping to a hanging position on a wall, leading with feet on the wall and then grabbing the ledge

Climb-ups- cleanly getting on top of a wall from a hanging position without the assistance of knees and elbows, sort of like a muscle up on a wall

Parkour roll/height drops- you definitely have to learn how to disperse impact when you're falling from a height because I personally know people who got tendonitis from training all the time while neglecting this

This isn't at all set in stone either since you pretty much have complete freedom over what you wanna do in freerunning. As opposed to parkour which has a focus on traversing efficiently, freerunning is just about style and self-expression, borrowing from literally whatever sports the athlete wants to incorporate. So if you find something you wanna learn from tricking or breakdancing or whatever the fuck just figure out the progressions and drill it.

Conditioning-wise, consistent stretching is the best way to avoid injury when you're doing this stuff. Otherwise, drilling the movements themselves at a comfortable level of difficulty is the most reliable way to get your body accustomed to them. There's also some parkour athletes who do lots of large gaps and heavy impact stuff that swear by weight training legs with squats and lunges, so maybe you already have a better physique than me for it. Lots of people also like to do box jumps to get more explosive power.

In practice, freerunning is far less cardio-heavy than soccer since the training largely consists of a lot of mental prep time followed by short, explosive bursts of power. You'll spend a lot more time looking at something you're about to do and visualizing it than actually doing the movement. You might get more worn out from it once you get into longer lines with lots of connecting moves, but you'll still have time in-between to rest, so it's still not the most demanding sport on the cardio front (at least at a beginner to intermediate level). I also enjoy my oregano but never had much trouble with this.

hope this gives a good starting point to start researching stuff
Glimpsed
Time for an update 7 years later.

7 years on and off I suppose

Barbell curls or facecrushers maybe, for the puuump

Maxed at 1x102.5kg a while back. Pretty slack tbh, should be way more

Same as when I started. Look good, feel good, and be able to eviscerate my enemies

But yea it's been a journey.
Started with PPL 6 days per week, did that until early 2020 with some variations and changes over time.
Moved over to 5/3/1, ran that for a bit then also tried 5/3/1 BBB. Around this time I was just keen to get my maxes up because why not.
Ended up with 1rms of the following at around 108kg body weight. So again, not really amazing numbers
OHP 70kg
DL 200kg
Bench 102.5kg
Squat 155kg
Early 2022 I switched to PHUL and have been running that with some changes since then.

Reflection and biggest challenges:
Crazy to think I started over 7 years ago. For how long I've been at it, I should be way ahead of where I am. But I am so glad I started and have no plans to stop.

My biggest challenge is just saying consistent. When I go to gym consistently the numbers go up and I get bigger. When I diet consistently my weight moves in the direction I want it.
Life, relationships, covid, proximity to gym, stupid injuries from ego lifting. It all affects things.

Currently:
Running PHUL still. Been pretty slack the last few years. Covid was a massive hindrance, then soon after that I got into a relationship. But I've been consistent the past few months. Around 112kg body weight, 192cm. Cutting atm.

Some photos I rummaged up

few months in

about a year in

early 2018

Sep 2018

July 2019

Jan 2020, visiting a mate in sweden

Sep 2020

Sep 2021

Dec 2021

Jan 2023

Pretty lazy writeup so AMA for more specifics
Last edited by Solax; Feb 22, 2023 at 03:39 PM.
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
Time for an update 7 years later.

7 years on and off I suppose

Barbell curls or facecrushers maybe, for the puuump

Maxed at 1x102.5kg a while back. Pretty slack tbh, should be way more

Same as when I started. Look good, feel good, and be able to eviscerate my enemies

But yea it's been a journey.
Started with PPL 6 days per week, did that until early 2020 with some variations and changes over time.
Moved over to 5/3/1, ran that for a bit then also tried 5/3/1 BBB. Around this time I was just keen to get my maxes up because why not.
Ended up with 1rms of the following at around 108kg body weight. So again, not really amazing numbers
OHP 70kg
DL 200kg
Bench 102.5kg
Squat 155kg
Early 2022 I switched to PHUL and have been running that with some changes since then.

Reflection and biggest challenges:
Crazy to think I started over 7 years ago. For how long I've been at it, I should be way ahead of where I am. But I am so glad I started and have no plans to stop.

My biggest challenge is just saying consistent. When I go to gym consistently the numbers go up and I get bigger. When I diet consistently my weight moves in the direction I want it.
Life, relationships, covid, proximity to gym, stupid injuries from ego lifting. It all affects things.

Currently:
Running PHUL still. Been pretty slack the last few years. Covid was a massive hindrance, then soon after that I got into a relationship. But I've been consistent the past few months. Around 112kg body weight, 192cm. Cutting atm.

Some photos I rummaged up

few months in

about a year in

early 2018

Sep 2018

July 2019

Jan 2020, visiting a mate in sweden

Sep 2020

Sep 2021

Dec 2021

Jan 2023

Pretty lazy writeup so AMA for more specifics

chad genetics but doing nothing with them, got on ur shit bro I know life gets in the way but stay consistent and u have a better chance than most of us to have a great overall nat build

keep grinding, best physiques was jul '19 and sep '20 respectively. both with pros and cons in jul you look way leaner and more athletic, sep 20 you look stronger. then i see some plateau, i knew you were goin thru some shit when i seen that fit you had on sep '21 lmaooo bold of u to post this on the net bro

stay lifting, if u want i can give you a solid regime to follow
Originally Posted by KlausSchwab View Post
squat 405
deadlift 450
bench 365
standing military press 225

185 bodyweight

solid
i think i'll add maybe a collection of lifts/stats in the op of the players that provide them for historical purposes Solax is a perfect example of tracking since this forum will still likely be a cult classic for some time
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.