Toribash
Original Post
Tori Sales!!!!!
So I was in this server a couple of days ago... Some guys were asking for tc and I came up with the idea Tori-Sales. So I'm pretty sure you guys know where I'm headed with this. Some stuff in the Tori-Shop are very expensive... right? why not lower the prices by a good enough amount for 10min of each week. It should be completely random. No announcements at all. This gives people in the torishop at the moment to get what they want. Another option would be to have sales around the Holidays and Black Friday. Think about all the noobs that want Vampire or Helios. They could probably afford it with In-game earnings if someone lowered the prices . Another option would be to Multiply the ammount of In-Game earnings by like 5 or something so players get 50 instead of 10 per win. I would recommend doing this for special Occasions!
Scribe pls c:
[OSHI] [Judo Organization] [Aether] [Team AikidoBigDojo] [PSN]
[3:50:35 PM] Sam: I'm a lyrical, cynical, rythmical demon.
Spittin out lines like I spit out hot semen.....
Taking a break...
I can see people buying a lot of the items while it's on sale(And I mean A LOT) and then selling for quick big profit which could be bad for the market, sorry pal it was a good idea but the flaws are too big.
~Not supported

THE WORM LIVES!
LegGang
Such thing (well, not actually exactly this but still similar) happened when Hunter was just released and one user simply bought the whole stock and started selling it for a way higher price. As you may guess, everyone who knew that it was one person, was raging.

Though an idea of timed sales dedicated to holidays or something else notable is good.
There is just something wrong...
Marketeers... They buy the item then sell it double the price.
And I don't think it adds "challenge" to things.
~Not supported
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Such thing (well, not actually exactly this but still similar) happened when Hunter was just released and one user simply bought the whole stock and started selling it for a way higher price. As you may guess, everyone who knew that it was one person, was raging.

If it's not against the rules, it's called playing by the rules.

Toribash has a great user-driven economy and it's actually one of the few where there aint' a huge inflation due to developers trying to undermine the economy. This idea however would severely alter the status quo currently maintained by a low supply of new items (yet expensive) entering the market.

A bit OT: Would you make it illegal for people to use the stale and buy the stock as in sir has noted above once happened?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
If it's not against the rules, it's called playing by the rules.

It's surely not against the rules as long as market bots aren't used, yeah. I'm just reminding of the past experience that didn't make anyone happy (except that guy who got all the stuff, surely).

Once again, it would be too hard to find out whether a market bot was used or not. It can be set to be checking price updates every 6 minutes or so; and after it makes a successful purchase it will just to turn itself off so that we couldn't test whether it is a bot or not. Tracing a bot like that isn't the same as finding out a simple market bot that autobuys anything instantly when you put it to the market.
I definitely wouldn't agree to decreasing the ENTIRE torishop prices for any amount of time.

Although, if you were to lower a select 5 or so different items each week for 30 minutes, I think that could be neat. But not lower them drastically enough to make people want to buy it out like Sir said. Maybe just 25% or something.
Too easy for more wealthy players to buy all the items out of stock.

~Not Supported
[20:07] <@SpartaCraft> This is the sexiest potato I've ever made.
well I doubt this would benifit the new guys, only the greedy marketers who are willing to steal some items when they go on sell for 10minutes.
Are you referring that if there could be some percents off of regular amounts of relax/textures/hold/blood/misc/etc.? Like when you mentioned it for around the holidays or for Black Friday, you went to the mall and you see these signs saying that there's 50% off of things for sale and limited? In here they could lower them like 2000% tc off or more until the holidays or Black Friday's over. BUT. When they begin with this, they would start storming out the door for the limited edition for BF/Christmas and it would seem that they're outta stock so I'm not too sure about that one. Now, the last thing I wanted to discuss is the average tc whenever you in in these official servers. They REALLY gotta start putting aikido big dojo official servers cause regular old aikido's too boring, right? The average amount of tc for the winner could be 500 tc. Plus, this whole booster thing is kinda off right now. So, ~Half supported
Matarika|Mobinladen|Youngsandm|Darknis|2WC|Sidtheepic|
"Brains are like computers but squishy and very watery :3'' ~D
Alright, so you want some items to be on sale for half their original price.. No announcements or anything..
The first hing tha comes to my mind is who refreshes the shop and looks in every different category for an item on sale..
We are also trying to sink TC, not provide more. If you had to multiply ingame earnings, TC would be worth next to nothing. Items prices would have to be raised and it would all be the same thing again..
<Icky> Butler is the worst es
<Reta> can I fire him yet ?