Ranking
Original Post
5.43 Hard crash on start - 5.42 still working
Quarantine has me itching to pick this back up after years, but I'm unable to boot up anything past 5.42 (including steam, which also hard crashes.) 5.42 runs great, but I can't log in because it's not tied directly to the servers (or at least that's my understanding.)

Playing on Mac, El Capitan.

Anyone having similar issues? Thanks in advance.
If you're on a 64-bit system, try switching to a 64bit version in Steam as that's the latest macOS build.
In case it still crashes, can you please check for crash dumps in your Toribash folder and upload the latest one here so we could investigate it further?
Originally Posted by sir View Post
If you're on a 64-bit system, try switching to a 64bit version in Steam as that's the latest macOS build.
In case it still crashes, can you please check for crash dumps in your Toribash folder and upload the latest one here so we could investigate it further?

I'm on 32-bit. Steam version hard crashes just like the desktop version.

As for crash files, see below.

From the Mac report, this stood out to me:

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Dyld Error Message:
Symbol not found: _clock_gettime
Referenced from: /Applications/Toribash/Toribash.app/Contents/MacOS/Toribash
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

From the TB files, I'm assuming that's the stderr.txt? There wasn't much in there. See below:

2020-03-28 18:52:57.377 Toribash[955:23376] 18:52:57.376 WARNING: 140: This application, or a library it uses, is using the deprecated Carbon Component Manager for hosting Audio Units. Support for this will be removed in a future release. Also, this makes the host incompatible with version 3 audio units. Please transition to the API's in AudioComponent.h.

Hopefully that helps.