Ranking
Originally Posted by Nagato9757 View Post
Has there ever been a staff complaint where the staff got punished for it?

If so, tell me who, when, why and the punishment.

Nope, none ever.
Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
vox

Nope, otherwise the incorrect bans he issued would have been reversed - especially from those that issued the complaints. Plus they wouldn't make his ban reason secret. Go ask hampa if you want to know that you don't need to know.

Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
All in all there have been staff who've been given the boot, but generally not due to some whiny user being a bitch over something. It does happen, though 99% of the time someone will be kicked for more serious reasons eg misconduct or blatant power abuse. Butt hurt users isn't serious.

vox was probably the most complained about staff member of all time, there was at least 5 threads complaining about him, and I remember a huge list of example posts of him blatantly breaking rules and power abusing.
But of course since he is staff he just closes and deletes the threads and bans the people posting them.

I find it hard to believe that anyone else has been banned as a result of user complaints considering vox wasn't.

I wonder how many people are banned for things as dumb as stating that there is no evidence that aliens exist.
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
lxor. He was stripped off his clan mod after he perma banned someone out of something purely personal.

> implying staff aren't allowed to do this

Originally Posted by Fish View Post
The complaints board isn't really a good place to look for "success".

I agree, as far as I know the only people who have been banned or infracted as a result of a complain box thread are users who are complaining. It doesn't help that staff often introduce new rules in order to specifically ban someone who is complaining *cough* vox *cough*... But what can you do if the suggested way to complain is just a trap to ban anyone who complains >_>
Last edited by ImmortalCow; Mar 21, 2013 at 09:34 AM.
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
lxor. He was stripped off his clan mod after he perma banned someone out of something purely personal.

no, I was permabanned for banning some guy for a day for something dumb I can't remember and was unbanned a little while later for doing some form of community service or something fuck my memory
he deserved it but apparently Vox didn't agree so permaban it was
also hi toribash i love you bishop and i love you sid and i love you adrian
gorman get the fuck on irc
bye again
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
vox was probably the most complained about staff member of all time, there was at least 5 threads complaining about him, and I remember a huge list of example posts of him blatantly breaking rules and power abusing.
But of course since he is staff he just closes and deletes the threads and bans the people posting them.

I find it hard to believe that anyone else has been banned as a result of user complaints considering vox wasn't.

vox was a game dev at the time, hence complaints wouldn't have gotten anywhere. Pretty much on par with complaining about hampa moderating in that respect. The elevated power was merely a side effect of the dev stuff. People tend to forget that he was primarily there for coding, the same going for his power.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
vox was a game dev at the time, hence complaints wouldn't have gotten anywhere. Pretty much on par with complaining about hampa moderating in that respect. The elevated power was merely a side effect of the dev stuff. People tend to forget that he was primarily there for coding, the same going for his power.

Is this actually true though? I mean, he used to be a member of TCU so we know what his abilities were like... Did he really actually dev?

Running around abusing power would be a problem, even if it was hampa.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't sid get fired because of something that happened with #h?
Actually I quit, surprisingly I've got a clean record

Nay, banned someone for 3 weeks over something stupid once, it got retracted but hey
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
Originally Posted by Dilara View Post
I want to know what happened to that "Bloob" guy.

Stuff.

Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
Is this actually true though? I mean, he used to be a member of TCU so we know what his abilities were like... Did he really actually dev?

Indeed he did, though he never finished the mod-maker he was working on (which was redone by another dev), however he did do various bug fixes & the menu layout changes + graphical pre-sets were him. That's why there was a spell of point releases pretty much one after the other during the 3.9x era.
He also did some stuff for the vampire & zombie event and a few other server side pokes.

---

The thing with so called "power abuse" is that users have a very different idea of it than the people who deal with it. If someone was doing something completely out of line then it'd end up with suo, me, avwave or hanz0 going ape shit.
Most the time it's completely justified and not abuse, but users tend to have this whole "it's the net we can do whatever we want" attitude. They don't seem to take note that it's usually from multiple complaints about a user that such things happen.

The most recent that comes to mind would be flyingmonk who got himself banned from an ingame server due to being a complete douche to the other users; followed of course by baawing and claims of abuse.

Just because you lot don't see it doesn't mean that staff don't get in shit over things. Just it's rare that a complaint arrives before we've already decided to kick them for doing it; or in the majority of cases they magically resign right before they get the boot.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
tfw retards raging over bans, calling staff names, gorman mad at vox because vox power amused.

Also yeah, what did happen to bloob? I forgot about him.

Also veb was a martyr