Toribash
Original Post
Packing things.
Greetings.

With the implementation of new Marketplace and it being continuously enriched with new useful features, the trading routine has changed significantly compared to the Legacy market.

However, selling sets of items is a challenging activity which is not only time-consuming but also impractical. All since a seller must list all items separately.

Regarding the impracticability part, I'll give a simple and straightforward example.
After a seller has completed the routine of listing all the pieces of a set to the marketplace, a certain customer has purchased one random item from the set. Let's say, it was the only item he could afford and he has no intention to buy the whole set. Now another customer who possesses such an intention, is unable to fulfill it since the set is now incomplete. Nobody wins, nobody is satisfied, the set is now ruined.

"Set" items are a great utility available to any player, they are a giant help in organizing player's inventory.
Despite that searching and buying sets in the Legacy market was never comfortable, it still was possible.

However, there's unluckily no way to sell sets in the Marketplace.

What I want to suggest will significantly help to trade matching sets of items (e.g. Diamond Tori, Cyborg, Texture sets, et cetera) in the Marketplace.

Personally I see it as an option opposite to 'unpacking' a pack. If a player owns a full matching set of items, he might have an ability to exchange them for a pack, a single item which afterwards can be unpacked by any other player.
Packing unmatching, 'random' sets must not be possible, apparently. However, this could affect 3D item sets, Texture sets and so on. And probably Full color sets, for justice sake (given that no effects are applied to any of the items and, obviously, the QI restriction should apply to such a pack).

If you buy sets of items on the forum, certain color sets might be 'spoiled' by the presence of effects on the items included. Sometimes sets lack a certain item but contain a duplicate of another. And some buyers are careless enough to buy such a set without checking and after they discover the inconsistency, the unwanted problems take place. But if it's such pack or a bundle it would guarantee that the items were already checked for consistency.

tl;dr

I'm suggesting an ability to arrange matching item sets into single items i.e Packs, as if to revert unpacking. This would primarily simplify the trade of such sets and also help to avoid any confuse regarding the contents.
Last edited by imp; Apr 26, 2022 at 10:55 AM.