Ranking
Original Post
Timer
Idea

I can't for the life of me remember who said this originally, but its probably one of the best toribash Ideas I've heard in a minute. A new timer rule. What if, the game had a new rule sort of like a chess tournament type timer. So that the player has x amount of time in total instead of x amount of time for those few frames. When the player eventually and inevitably runs out of time, it will force space instead of giving them an automatic loss. I feel like this would extremely broaden the options for pro tournaments.

If you don't like the idea, I want to know what ya'll think can go wrong with this game rule in particular. If you enjoy the Idea just let me know that you like it under this thread and/or upvote the post. If you think that there would be something nice to add to on top of this rule I'd love to go back and forth on it. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope, maybe one day, this could be a feature, in the future ;).
[dog] Is and always will be my favorite clan
Please explain how it would broaden the options for pro tournaments. The chess clock was invented to prevent matches from lasting for days, Toribash doesn't have that issue. If your thought is that it could be used to implement "speed Toribash" then wouldn't shortening the turn timer achieve the same thing?
I don't reckon the goal in this case would be to achieve "the same thing" but much rather a different game mode as a whole. I can see the appeal of contesting with a limited total time as opposed to total time per turn, would definitely bring a different game-mode to the table that's fresh. However I'm unaware if this was already brought up in the past and discarded due to any plethora of non-viable gameplay it would bring along with the implementation. Worth looking pondering on imo.
. . .
list0 on Discord, reach out for inquiries.
Or send me a private message, I'm responsive.

[7:19 PM] Aliosa: Can't have loopholes if there are no loops.

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
[9:16 AM] [Faux_fan]ancient: put me in the screenshot
That's an awesome suggestion, i think the regular timer way too fast and sometimes i end up winning a match out of luck instead of skill.

I approve the idea
I'm a Verified Toricredits Seller & Marketeer!