Ranking
Originally Posted by badman4546 View Post
Man I never liked Mcgregor, he was too crazy and mean. It always looked like he was gonna get a heart attack after one fight. Man's adrenaline is too high.But he was a good fighter and I like irish people so to me he's aight.

Yes, he was a pretty good fighter, very few could match him in the stand up and very few could take him down or do something against him on the ground, but his reign as a champion sucked.
-----
The number one will be posted tomorrow, I bet most of you don't have an ideia on who he is
Last edited by Josefaldo; Sep 16, 2020 at 11:23 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
NUMBER 1:

Bas Rutten

This is the greatest robbery I have ever seen in my life, seriously not even Robert Whittaker's fights with Yoel Romero got to this level, there is no fucking way this man should have got the belt.

Prior to entering the UFC, Bas was the King of the Pancrase, which was a lineal title given to the champion of the japanese promotion known as Pancrase. They happend to have many different rules in comparisson to the at the time rules in the UFC or any other modern MMA promotion, which included: no punches/elbows no the head, no strikes (exept for palm strikes) to a downed opponent and rope grabs equals to submissions escapes; to add to the list of seemly weird stuff, all their fighters wore boots and trunks.

After some contract disputes with Pancrase, Bas moved to the UFC, that happend to be without a heavyweight champion after the then undeafeted Randy Couture left the promotion to get armbared left and right in Rings, another japanese promotion. And so, with Bas being the best man that there was inside Pancrase, he entered an eight man tournament to determine the new UFC Heavyweight champion.

You would think that he would enter in the begging of the tournament, but no, he was set to fight right in the semi-finals against Tsuyoshi "TK" Kohsaka.

Due his background in Pancrase, Bas was the favorite to win the match, nevertheless, TK beat his ass for the entirty of the 15 minutes round by taking him down and beating the shit out of him from there. Doing more than enough to win, TK was suppose to get a decision victory, but the judges decided that it was better for him to get in an overtime round standing up again with the way more condecorated striker that was Bas Rutten. And so, Bas managed to knockout Tsuyoshi, advancing to the finals in a very controversial way, in a tournament he wasn't even suppose to enter in the first place.

5 Months later in the finals, Bas would fight the highly decorated wrestler, Kevin Randleman. After he spent the majority of his previous fight with Tsuyoshi on top of him, maybe it would be a good idea for him to train his takedown defense, but he didn't. Now with bell rang, Kevin took him down and from there on he gave Bas one of the worst beatings I have seen; All Bas was able to do was attempting submissions that were all promptly denied by punches to his face. That fight wasn't suppose to end via finish, the referee should have steped in to stop Bas from getting beaten and give the victory to Kevin via TKO, but it went to a decision...

After 21 minutes of smothering by Kevin, any reasonable human being would give the victory to Kevin. But no, it wasn't what happend, instead, 2 of the three judges gave the victory to the previously white, now purple and red due the blood clotted and dripping from his face, Bas Rutten.

To this day many people especulate why did Bas won. Many hypothesis have been raised, yet most of them doesn't make much sense, lets see some:

The at the time rules: It is a known fact that the judging way has changed over the years, the argument for this statemeant was that things like ground control and significant strikes wouldn't be considered judging a fight. Yet, the damage delt to a fighter was still a criterion, with many fights prior to this one following a similar course, with the difference being the man who gave the most damage being declared the winner. A good exemple of this was Dan Severn's decisions victories inside the UFC, whom all happend after Dan spent his time on top of his opponents, striking them from there, exacly like what Kevin did to Bas.

Bas Rutten's submission "attempts": This one doesn't make any sense either since the charged logic here would be that "Bas attempted more submissions, so he did more to win than Kevin who didn't try to finish the fight" and the major problem of this statement is that "ground n' pound" can't finish a fight, which is wrong, the majority of finishes in the promotion that didn't was a submission also happend on
the ground, but via strikes.

Straight up Racism: For me, this seems to be the most logical conclusion to all this bullshit. With Kevin being the black man inside an event in the south of the US, a place known for it's racism, its posible that some racist people working on the event would favor Bas to win his bout. Which happend but not with this declared reason.

After being "crowned" the champion he should have never been, Bas vacated the title and would never fight again in the UFC, oppening space for Kevin to fight again for his title, and this time win.

Some imagens of Bas's "victory" over Kevin:

Last edited by Josefaldo; Sep 18, 2020 at 12:57 AM.
Originally Posted by lolzyboy View Post
Oh ok

ummmm why the hell aren't we official yet?
-----
Originally Posted by JoHarith11 View Post
Mafia Best Clan

awwwww ur gonna make me blush uwu
-----
im surprised we aren't official yet
Last edited by Louie; Sep 25, 2020 at 02:05 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Fly me to the moon
Originally Posted by waldo View Post
my dudes the invite link is invalid ;c

Oh shiiiii
Fly me to the moon