ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Forum Suggestion] Embedded Dice
I have one idea and suggestion for additional option for forum posts. I admit it is a bit strange and specific, uncommon and not widely in use, but it can open some possibilities in the department of forum games & events.

So, anticipating the stoning from the staff that are in charge for doing coding and additions for forum here it goes:

Dice roll embedded in forum post.

Idea is to have a piece of a code that can be used in this format:

[roll] 1d6 [/roll]

Example image:

Exsample of the code for forum:

http://www.mediafire.com/?don1b4m6fmbad5d

Where 1d6 presents 1 = one roll of dice, d6 = 6 sided dice. When you execute this type of code you get random number from 1 to 6. That number is embedded in your post and can't be changed even when you edit your post, thus making the dice roll 'trusted', preventing cheating with multiply rolls of this virtual dice to get the number you need.
You can still delete your post and make another, but that is easily visible to any moderator.

Furthermore, you can set multiply rolls of uncommon dices, like:

[roll] 2d8 [/roll] where you roll 2 times 8-sided dice and you can get numbers like: 6, 8 or 3, 7 etc, etc
And even add some constants like:

[roll] 1d6+3 [/roll] where u get 1 roll of 6-sided dice + 3 (constant) getting a number like: (random dice roll number) + 3

You may ask for what purpose would this be used? Well, for only one: board and RPG games or as a helper in some advanced events. And that's it.
This is why embedded dice is very specific tool, which is why it will not be used very much, thus making it a 'thingy' that is only usable by very certain group of people. In defense of this proposition I would say that we already have few things in the advanced posting options that are also usable only by certain group of people (like wrap code or html).

Here are some pros and cons of it:

Pros:

- With it users can play board games on forum
- With it users can play RPG games on forum
- Can be used to resolve some specific terms of the Toribash Events

Cons:

- Very limited usage
- Could start gambling which is (I think) prohibited on this forum
- Cheating is possible by deleting post with the dice roll and making a new post which can be spotted only by person with some power of forum moderation

So, what do you think?

( I would like to know what staff thinks about this )