Ranking
Original Post
Market bots are bs
So I went to the market and decided to edit a few prices. I had maybe three items that I changed and Frans mb was on the market.
And every time I bumped my item to the top of the list his bot I guess would edit his as well. So I went along with it for 5-6mins. I would keep bumping my items to see it the bot would stop or something. I started to figure out the cycle of items the bot would update. It would bump maybe like 14 items in the same cycle while I was trying to keep my 3 items at the top of the market.
I just find it shit that market bots are going to take over the market and its really not fair to the users that have to updated prices manually.
#INIT2WINIT
I don't think there is much wrong with that. They just have a major advantage on the market so you can sell your items on the item board to avoid them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
I'd support making them illegal, they can get annoying at times. And yeah he's basically saying that we should get rid of them.
R.I.P Sean (bobsanders147) i'll miss you man, we all love you and miss you.
Guy's, your so 2014!
Let me explain this, just so you understand what a bot does.
A BoT can do the following things:
Buy item if u set a minbuy price for that item
Check for prices that are lower then your item and lower your item's price to a preseted minimum sell for that item.
So yeah, they do autobuy and price check and bump items and they can do whatever you can think of you can do on the market.
They can have 1 second between every action that it makes.
For example my bot updates 1 item every 1 second.
My bot updates 17 pages of items once at 10 min if i leave it going and then it starts again.
I have also made a survey a few months back and people have responded 50/50. Some people like them because they can sell items fast for tc. Some people think it ruins the market, like me for example. But other people like thouse that let them be Legal, don't think it's bad for the market. My bot is great for what i do. I have over 2000 items in makret, and the bot dosen't even autobuy. I do that myself.

Get one of your own from a good botmaker and start the adventure.

Until they banish them forever from my Play yard.
Last edited by Insanity; Mar 7, 2015 at 09:42 PM.
hmm.
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
Guy's, your so 2014!
Let me explain this, just so you understand what a bot does.
A BoT can do the following things:
Buy item if u set a minbuy price for that item
Check for prices that are lower then your item and lower your item's price to a preseted minimum sell for that item.
So yeah, they do autobuy and price check and bump items and they can do whatever you can think of you can do on the market.
They can have 1 second between every action that it makes.
For example my bot updates 1 item every 1 second.
My bot updates 17 pages of items once at 10 min if i leave it going and then it starts again.
I have also made a survey a few months back and people have responded 50/50. Some people like them because they can sell items fast for tc. Some people think it ruins the market, like me for example. But other people like thouse that let them be Legal, don't think it's bad for the market. My bot is great for what i do. I have over 2000 items in makret, and the bot dosen't even autobuy. I do that myself.

Get one of your own from a good botmaker and start the adventure.

Until they banish them forever from my Play yard.

I honestly hate your price update. Its so annoying when I try to show my item to other users.
Having an item on first page with 1-2 k discount for 1 hour increases my sell chance and I dont like putting an item on market a d waiting for ever. So bots are disadvantage for me and they waste my time. VitaMinoo is cooler bot unless I typo. It doesnt update and it autobuys.
nothing personal fran is doing same thing now and I have nothing to do.

--------

Marketbots caused a bug. 2 market bot payed me for same item and one of them got it .D ( payed back )
this is a big problem I guess...

------

Also this is how I beg when I typo. So I dont like it x_x
I cant even explain how stupid I feel. Trust me everytime I want to die cause of this. One day I'll suicide. Please dont think I dont pay attention. Im honestly trying and sorry now. I sold shutter shades for 2k to ... . Please dont scold me. ;-;

Last edited by IBlackleon; Mar 8, 2015 at 12:12 PM.
Leon The Black
The great problem with this is that Market Bots are not free for the public, not even the methods to build a reliable one, while every other market-related action actually is, everyone can make a thread selling their forces/laxes, everyone can put an item on the market, but no human being can upload a price once a second, to be fair this should be open and available to everyone, not just three or four [adjective] who managed to build or buy one to get more profit by completely overrunning other people's chance.

tl;dr version: If it's not available to everyone, it's (in my opinion) immoral, this is comming from a guy who develops software for living for 5 years.
Last edited by IIInsanEEE; Mar 10, 2015 at 10:04 PM.
I really don't think it's immoral. If you put time into making one or invested in buying one there is nothing wrong with having an advantage
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
Yes I think there is, it gets harder and harder for startes to build something worth in this community and when they finally got some cool item and want to profit from it they have to fight against a python algorithm running on some [adjective]'s computer, this should be like art, no bot can make art (yet), so yes, do it with your hands, like everyone else.

It would be the same if toribash had an item that add bodymass to your tori for 500k, people who "invested in buying one" would have a clear and unfair advantage, this is unapealling for newcomers, but I don't really think that msquad or devs are going to change anything on this subject so I would like to end my interactions in this thread.