ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
White colour in joint textures
I think white colour very important colour and joint textures should support that/ If i know right - now joint textures not support white colour and i think its not good//
They're not supposed to work with white, they're designed to be used as overlays or tattoos with a joint colour underneath. White just happens to be alpha, pretty apt given how little white is used in tattoos.

If you want white, buy pure joints & work it that way.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
But if i for example have activated full void and i wanna just white text on my tori neck joint if joint will work with white i just will do it just draw white text on full black tori (or white bandages on wrist joints)... or i need buy full pure + full joint textures (just for make some white options on couple of textures i need buy full pure + full joints set but if that will work with white i think it will be more easy = just draw with white colour on joints - way of pure joints i think its not cool)... idk maybe this problem have other sides... but i think it will be cool if joints will work with white... sorry for bad english/ thank you for reading//
What about joint textures - yes i think it should work like usuall bodypart textures (maybe it will crash something in system - im not sure but i think if joints will continue cost expensive and work like bodypart textures (or just can support white colour) it will be cool)//
Last edited by Tonakai; May 14, 2013 at 08:30 PM.
Never heard that pure is banned from joint textures...
Is there logical explanation to that?
Supported
[Gangsters] RuBash
[TABD][Team Australia] RIP[Source]
º°À¾Ç Â࿸´°ÀË º°º¸µ ¾ ¸¿° ¾Ä°½° ´¾»¶½Ë ±ËÂÌ ½°¿¸Á°½Ë
° ÜÕÝï ÔÐÖÕ ÝÕ ÒßØáÐÛ, åãØáÐá~Tarlan
Originally Posted by MrGarry View Post
Never heard that pure is banned from joint textures...
Is there logical explanation to that?
Supported

White = alpha blend on them.

Why white & not black you may ask, simple; people are less likely to want whites than they are blacks. Between outlines & how many dark colours you'd lose the ability to use, losing the white spectrum is no big deal.

As I said, joint textures should be thought of as tattoos, and I'm sure anyone who's been inked will attest to how rarely white is applied directly.

If you want something white then offset the values a bit, just avoid sitting on the lighter end of grey-scale and all's good. Adding a bit of blue will provide the least noticeable tint.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
okay thank you for help/ my point - i dont like joint textures because they work like tattoos - its of full value bodypart of tori (usual body textures work very good but joint need to be fixed i think)... if they will work like body textures it will be great (ofc if its not will add inflation/crash in market)/
I dont know maybe its big problem to make them work like bodytextures with coding etc... i just have strong point about it - i think white colour its very important in this//