ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
In-Game Replay Hacking API
Title explains it all. Sorry if this is too short of a first post but no infraction ples :3 I can make a longer post if u admins want Just ask don't infract. ;)
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
This is probs impossibru if you think about it. Replay Hacking is sometimes very hard to understand. Took me 2 months to understand shit about replay hacking.. But I don't think they won't try making this because it's gonna take furever.
Morally dumb and really useless

Not supported

Biggest Question Of The Year

Originally Posted by Panthers32 View Post
Morally dumb and really useless

Not supported

May I ask how this suggestion is, "morally wrong?" I don't see anything wrong about a replay hacking API, since replay hacking is even in the world championships for replay making.
Originally Posted by Creati0n View Post
May I ask how this suggestion is, "morally wrong?" I don't see anything wrong about a replay hacking API, since replay hacking is even in the world championships for replay making.

he probably meant that if replay hacking would be easily accessible, many people would use it for the wrong purposes, instead of making awesome shit with it.
there is no way to use replay hacking for the wrong purposes.
if you hack dms, sure they aren't legit, but it's just for fun. Adding speed? Brings a new element of controlling that speed and making it look good at the same time.
And then there is the bullshit that players like Nuthug, Jisse, Noob and Oblivion pull off which typically requires you to continuously open notepad.
Like my default program for opening replays is notepad, an ingame replay hacking API would be brilliant.

pls hempa pls
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
~[Not supported]
People would hack every single replay and a hacked replay wouldn't be as rare.
Replay hacking takes a lot of skills and not everyone can do it.
Now if this happens, all the replay hackers skills are thrown away.
The question is, do people need this because they're too lazy to read the replay hacking tutorial and think it would be cool, or because it's a good idea and would save a lot of time.
It would clearly do the latter for people who regularly make replays, but if there's only a few of those who actually make replays I don't see this being worth spending time on.

On a much weaker point, I actually like replay hacking being pretty mysterious. It feels much more interesting the way it is, and that is probably why I took the time to learn it.
Someone could perhaps convince NutHug of sharing his collection of custom scripts for replay-making, in an effort to save both the people and the devs some time.
Last edited by Hattersin; May 11, 2015 at 01:28 PM.
PM me with any and all questions
Originally Posted by Hattersin View Post
Someone could perhaps convince NutHug of sharing his collection of custom scripts for replay-making, in an effort to save both the people and the devs some time.

They are very specific in purposes and exclusively written for that purpose. I doubt they would be very helpful except something like the merger which takes Tori from one replay and Uke from another and puts both together in one replay. Useful for parkours when the two players don't interact so you can make each part individually.
On topic: I'm working on some script that might be of more general use and make replay hacking easier. At the current rate I'm working on it it will take forever to finish though. It shows you the POS/LINVEL/etc. values for a selectable bodypart ingame and an arrow with the resulting force for the bodypart. You can also change them in an interface and update the arrow so you basically see what you are hacking ingame. Unfortunately you can't update the ghost ... that would be super rad, I know.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube