ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Fracture-able body parts
I think the game would benefit from an option to make body parts fracture when hit hard enough, like it is with joints. Fracturing a body part would turn it blue and award the specified amount of points. Maybe have it swell up a bit as well.

PS: also unrelated suggestion: please make an option to make hands dq.
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
Fracturing a body part would turn it blue and award the specified amount of points.

I think if it didn't affect movement then there is no real reason to have it in the game. If you hit it hard enough you get more points anyway, so why make it frac?

please make an option to make hands dq

This would be awesome though . Being able to enable/disable certain body parts from dqing inside and outside the ring would add a lot of variation to mods.
Originally Posted by TartTurtle View Post
I think if it didn't affect movement then there is no real reason to have it in the game. If you hit it hard enough you get more points anyway, so why make it frac?

Aside from the fact that it adds to realism, this would allow you to make mods where light taps on opponent's body won't count for anything, and only powerful hits that injure him will give points. You can already make it so only injuries yield points but because only joints can be injured currently it removes all incentive for hitting body parts, which is not good.

This would be awesome though . Being able to enable/disable certain body parts from dqing inside and outside the ring would add a lot of variation to mods.

You can actually do that for most body parts, but hands are not among them apparently. I have a mod where only shoulders and pecs/chest dqs, and the rest doesn't.
Aside from the fact that it adds to realism, this would allow you to make mods where light taps on opponent's body won't count for anything, and only powerful hits that injure him will give points. You can already make it so only injuries yield points but because only joints can be injured currently it removes all incentive for hitting body parts, which is not good.

Didn't even think about that part of it.

You can actually do that for most body parts, but hands are not among them apparently. I have a mod where only shoulders and pecs/chest dqs, and the rest doesn't.

I think it would be a good addition to the game rules though. Saves creating an entirely 'new' mod if you only want certain parts to count towards DQ.
Last edited by Lazors; Sep 8, 2015 at 06:45 AM.

Point threshold already does this

I like the hands ideas, and I honestly think the body psrt fracturing sounds cool, but I cant see much functional use for ir
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.