Ranking
Original Post
Removing a Rule from the Art Board
I dislike this Rule:
  • "Posts MUST be constructive and put forward input."

Constructive input is often nice, but it would be better to be able to praise the Artist without getting infracted.
Getting nice Comments on something you worked hard on or spent alot of effort is always nice and sometimes even gives motivation to do more.

My Suggestion would be: If an Artist doesn't want to receive nice words (for reasons... i dont know why he shouldn't) then he can state it in the Thread and the Moderators can continue giving punishement. IF he however does not state that, People should be allowed to give their opinon.

Note that i have nothing against this Rule:
  • "Posts along the lines of "Nice head!" and "Thank you"s following them are useless posts. Explain your opinion on things and how things can be fixed."
Having to justify the comment is good.

Here another 2 good points said from cat :

I posted asking a question, because the video victortb posted was laggy at some parts. Nothing wrong with it, didn't say "NICE LOL XD," "its ok," or anything unrelated from what he made. I was starting a discussion to talk about how to avoid getting those framerate problems because it looked bad and I wanted to try and help. Arctic infracted me for 2 Points because it was a "useless post." What? What the fuck am I supposed to write then? I could go all out and write paragraph after paragraph but that takes wayyy too long and it didn't need it, and I didn't need to.

Either Arctic doesn't like me, thinks it's totally okay to give bullshit infractions, knows nothing about art or the art board, knows nothing about editing in general, or either cats or nagato went to him to infract me because they can't (I think anyways.)

Not only that, but I've received a warning from nagato not that long ago, but at least he included some kind of reason. https://a.pomf.cat/udqgfs.png

Similar yes, but why am I NOT allowed to do this? Why is the art board only for discussion with half assed thrown in criticism? I don't want people to give lazy and unhelpful advice just to fucking post.
Last edited by Fluxorious; Sep 24, 2016 at 09:54 PM.
people can be positive towards videos and give cnc at the same time, and they're doing it, just not to your videos.
see on the art page right now: [VID]antichrist
I am not reffering to my Threads.

But why is your Comment valid?
"absolutely mental great theme, no flaws"
It does not give any constructive input
First and foremost, this ain't staff complaints (ecks dee).

(disclaimer this is all in my opinion)The way I see it, an art thread is an art thread where people go to get comments and criticism about their works so they can improve. cats was in the right when she infracted you, the thread was primarily about the video, sure if you want to ask about something in the video thats fine, but starting a discussion is another matter, do that in the video org or in rapid threads, not in an art thread, so even if this rule changed you would still be infracc'd for that post.

Aside from that, I agree, artists should be allowed to choose if they are arrogant and like their ego inflated(please dont hate me its a joke), or if they just want comments on how to improve
Last edited by Kore; Sep 24, 2016 at 10:29 PM.

Getting told,, thats very good, especially the??" is also a way to be able to improve by keeping??.

Btw that was cat not me, i edited my mistake i mixed up names and wrote arctic instead of cat
You can still be constructive and give praise without losing quality of post.

Originally Posted by Giving Constructive Feedback FOR DUMMIES
In positive feedback situations, express appreciation. Appreciation alone is praise. Yet when you add it to the specifics of constructive feedback, your message carries an extra oomph of sincerity. For example: “Sue, your handling of all the processing work while John did the callbacks made for an efficient effort and showed good teamwork. Everything you did was accurate, as well. Thanks so much for helping out. Such initiative is a real value to the team.”

We haven't been seeing this kind of praise from people in the art board. All we see are iterations of "I really like the way you did *xyz*". At least include "I really like the way you did *xyz* as it *abc*".

Constructive criticism doesn't cancel out positive feedback. I normally tell editors what I like about their videos and what they should continue doing in his videos. That way, they know what works and doesn't work.
Last edited by Nagato; Sep 25, 2016 at 12:03 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click my sig for a great time (WIP)
im smoking weed out of a pussy filled with money i like this
Go discuss this with the art staff. This isn't the place to appeal your infractions to the majority.
I think I might be retired.