Toribash
Original Post
Rule Suggestion — Rapid Threads
Whenever I was searching through some of my old posts, I realized that I wouldn't be able to use this function had I not purchased ToriPrime. Seeing as plenty of people don't have the money to spend on ToriPrime, I thought, "What do people do whenever they have a Toribash-related question and they're not a forum regular?"

Well, duh, they Google it.

Most of the questions that are asked end up in the Rapid Threads section, so I thought, why not implement a rule that asks for users to format their thread titles like a question?

Here's a perfect example:

Let's say I'm curious as to what the Toribash in-game devserver is all about. I go on Google, and I type, "toribash what is this devserver?"

The first link and thread would then likely answer my question!

I feel like this would really tidy up the Rapid Threads section, and as well as this, I think it would help newer users get their common questions answered relatively easily.
Leave any comments and additional suggestions relating to this down below. Thanks for taking the time to read this dudes!

edit:
I was thinking about this while looking through some of the old threads in the section: it may help to just revamp the entire section. Just wipe the threads, keep the stickies, apply the additional rule, and restart the answering questions process. It's not really necessary per se, but hey, it might be neat to have the board looking fresh again. (:
Last edited by Creati0n; Mar 23, 2017 at 09:13 PM.
Well i don't know what is your actual point there but if you're talking about implementing "kind of" a search engine in the rapid thread where you just type the question and it looks up for the related threads, then yeah, it would be really handy for new players.
And if no thread is found, then they can create their own thread.
Death offered by: TyZi ; Butler ; Sunther ; Manitoda
Originally Posted by Jaker250 View Post
Well i don't know what is your actual point there but if you're talking about implementing "kind of" a search engine in the rapid thread where you just type the question and it looks up for the related threads, then yeah, it would be really handy for new players.
And if no thread is found, then they can create their own thread.

Preeeeeeecisely. This is a search engine that doesn't have players use Toribash's bandwidth.
how about just adding "only" to rapid threads? coz tori prime is kind of for whole forums
Last edited by Jaker250; Mar 24, 2017 at 03:24 PM.
Death offered by: TyZi ; Butler ; Sunther ; Manitoda
how about just adding "only" to rapid threads? coz tori prime is kind of for whole forums

Sorry my man, I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say here. It sounds like you're basically saying what the intentions of my suggestions are.
I think we both have different suggestions because you're talking about a rule and i'm talking about a searching function... nevermind

I understand your suggestion now. Yoooooooooooou're talking about a search specifically for the rapid-threads section. I could totally dig that.

My only problem with that is that it allows users to leach the Toribash forum's bandwidth—well, I don't have a problem with it, but I'm sure the search function was removed from users for a reason. My suggestion was basically made so the bandwidth argument couldn't be made.
Originally Posted by marcus
When making a thread, the title should reflect upon the question you want answered. No more 'help', 'i have a question', or '?' titled threads. The title will be edited and the thread maker warned.

Taken straight from this sticky. I can add it to the rule thread if that's all you are asking for.
h
Originally Posted by Gargon View Post
Taken straight from this sticky. I can add it to the rule thread if that's all you are asking for.

That'd be a nice addition to the rule thread (I kinda thought everything in that thread was a rule already lol), but that's not exactly what I'm asking for.

Really I'm asking for the questions to be formatted in a way where they're easily searchable (i.e. "What's the stock rate of Void items?"). It doesn't really have to be done at all, but I think it'd tidy up the section. Just my opinion though. (:
Yeah well that's pretty much what rapid threads lmods do already. When something is posted with an improper title we usually change it to a question for pretty much the same reason you gave.

If higher ups agree I'd just change the wording and put it in the rules thread, since I see no problem with making it more visible anyways
h