Toribash
Original Post
Hotm revival
So, this event has died out due to less and less participants but i think there is a way to bring it back.

I saw the realise of that full 512 with a premade texture on it and it gave me an idea.

What if the prize for the next hotm events is that the winner will have a 512 pretextured head with the winning idea in torishop. It would cost 21000 and every 10 heads sold he would get 10k. Like with item forging.

This way it would also be like a gallery also.

The problem is how to make the texture non-stealable?
Perhaps making these items non editable and cheaper then a 512 head. Basically a 3d sphere item that replaces your head.

Would this be intrestig? Would you buy such an item?
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
I feel like this is a very very similar concept to the showcase I mentioned reviving, but rather with the addition of selling the texture in the ToriShop—which could be cool.

If anything, if this gets a positive response it would be really neat to implement; I'm just not sure if artists would want their unique art on multiple Tori's. Could be just my personal opinion though and not that of most artists.
Originally Posted by Creati0n View Post
I feel like this is a very very similar concept to the showcase I mentioned reviving, but rather with the addition of selling the texture in the ToriShop—which could be cool.

If anything, if this gets a positive response it would be really neat to implement; I'm just not sure if artists would want their unique art on multiple Tori's. Could be just my personal opinion though and not that of most artists.

this is a great point:

maybe they'd have the option of putting it on the market or just getting 50k or so
Originally Posted by Veoo View Post
this is a great point:

maybe they'd have the option of putting it on the market or just getting 50k or so

That would kinda defeat the purpose of the implementation though. My best bet would be that the event would only be for artists who are perfectly okay with the mass production of their art—which would definitely knock down on the entry pool.

Not to mention, another problem with this idea is kinda like what sir said in my thread:
Originally Posted by sir
You can't judge the art by a monthly competition because good artwork (or replays, or mods, or anything else) is not something that's produced on some fixed schedule. There can be nothing worthy for months, then there can be 10 outstanding works within a week.

Plus, at the end of the event, there could very well be no art worth implementing into the ToriShop; what happens then? Just seems like the idea is a little bit of a stretch as far as official Toribash production of the design. I'm sure a higher-up would totally be able to give a bit of insight into this, could still be pretty neat. (:
That would kinda defeat the purpose of the implementation though. My best bet would be that the event would only be for artists who are perfectly okay with the mass production of their art—which would definitely knock down on the entry pool.

Not to mention, another problem with this idea is kinda like what sir said in my thread:

Plus, at the end of the event, there could very well be no art worth implementing into the ToriShop; what happens then? Just seems like the idea is a little bit of a stretch as far as official Toribash production of the design. I'm sure a higher-up would totally be able to give a bit of insight into this, could still be pretty neat. (:

then can we just bring the norm hotm as a start

Maybe some...but with the opportynity of getting payed if people like the head and buy it via torishop. Perhaps by entering this event u cease copyrights to toribash and that is it.

Originally Posted by Veoo View Post
this is a great point:

That can be done to...but i'd like to think you would enter such an event with this prize to put it on the shop and u can always make other heads to sell for 50k.

True. But all the winning heads were at least intresting.

Also i am not 100% ok with 4 or 5 people judging the heads. The results were good so far but i think heads are not to be judged 95% by realism and flawless anatomy. The reinescence is long gone...

Also, if these items are non editable they could be kinda cheap. I am thinking 6-11k.

Also i am not sure if people would actually buy them.

Anyway any type of monthly art contest is good by me. This suggestion turned up after i saw that full 512 with textures and veoo's calls to bring hotm back.
There is basically not much effort in organising it and even if not that many people participate, i am sure half of the comunity checks the thread, at least twice over the month.

Sry for spelling mistakes. I have big fingers and small phone.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals