Toribash
Original Post
rotating shoulders
running in real life doesn't need you to contract or extent you pecand all you really do with your arms is rotate them forward and backwards.

this may make parkour and spar just that bit better in detail and add a bit more challenge to other mods.

please concider this and i thank you for your attention... whom it may concern.
this would add 4 more actions and would make new players even more confused and would make mature players confused too

~not supported
Every body praise this man
Rumour is my bae for lyf
well i use the z-x-c-v-b controls and it wouldn't be a problem for me when i first thought about it.
Adding two more joint states feels like a bad idea, i'd rather not cycle through 6 of them. How about making the arms and legs rotate not by clicking the joints, but rather the arms/legs themselves?
I think this would definitely be an interesting improvement to the game, especially in aikido.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
This had been brought up several times before in this board. The reason that this idea will not leave this thread is because, it would be anatomically incorrect if your Tori could rotate the shoulders. That would make your tori able to contract the elbows back and literally break off your own head, which is unethical. I'm not saying It wouldn't make any sense, it would. But it would ruin the game for it would be making it much more complex around the shoulders. Implementing this would also leave the idea of rotating hips. A disturbing thought.
. . .
list0 on Discord, reach out for inquiries.
Or send me a private message, I'm responsive.

[7:19 PM] Aliosa: Can't have loopholes if there are no loops.

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
[9:16 AM] [Faux_fan]ancient: put me in the screenshot
Originally Posted by Cake View Post
This had been brought up several times before in this board. The reason that this idea will not leave this thread is because, it would be anatomically incorrect if your Tori could rotate the shoulders. That would make your tori able to contract the elbows back and literally break off your own head, which is unethical. I'm not saying It wouldn't make any sense, it would. But it would ruin the game for it would be making it much more complex around the shoulders. Implementing this would also leave the idea of rotating hips. A disturbing thought.

But if it was just the wrists and ankles that rotate?
Don't know exactly how much of a difference the wrists would do, but rotating your feet for balance sounds like a great thing. If no one can use it to his advantage, fine, idea scratched, but if someone can improve his balance with this, it certainly feels like a reasonable improvement.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by Cake View Post
Implementing this would also leave the idea of rotating hips. A disturbing thought.

Toris everywhere dancing like Beyonce...I love it.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
Adding two more joint states feels like a bad idea, i'd rather not cycle through 6 of them. How about making the arms and legs rotate not by clicking the joints, but rather the arms/legs themselves?
I think this would definitely be an interesting improvement to the game, especially in aikido.

will be very usefull indeed, and i do agree that clicking for example on biceps or hips to rotate arms/legs will be great.

saying that changes ruin blablabla is bullshit, in worst case scenario we will get even better replays based on new model.

ah, and btw, why don't we have new tori model? i'm sure mod god team will be eager to play with new possibilities and create something interesting.
new player model with more options will surely spice things up a bit and add a bit more depth and let replaymakers make better replays.

game did not change for long time as reason is bullshit aswell. the fact that the game is abandoned instead of being worked on does not mean that stagnation have any authentic value.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by snake View Post
worst case scenario we will get even better replays based on new model.

Wrong. Worst case scenario, 99% of existing players will get extremely confused by the new, sudden mechanic, and a good chunk will leave.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Originally Posted by hawkesnightmare View Post
Wrong. Worst case scenario, 99% of existing players will get extremely confused by the new, sudden mechanic, and a good chunk will leave.

implement new model, but leave old model to exist,

SOLVED
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by snake View Post
will be very usefull indeed, and i do agree that clicking for example on biceps or hips to rotate arms/legs will be great.

saying that changes ruin blablabla is bullshit, in worst case scenario we will get even better replays based on new model.

ah, and btw, why don't we have new tori model? i'm sure mod god team will be eager to play with new possibilities and create something interesting.
new player model with more options will surely spice things up a bit and add a bit more depth and let replaymakers make better replays.

game did not change for long time as reason is bullshit aswell. the fact that the game is abandoned instead of being worked on does not mean that stagnation have any authentic value.

Model is not going to change because there's no reason for it. Really, why not to move your hand by clicking.. your leg, for example? It was said dozens of times that the main aspects of how tori models work are unlikely to change. Wii-like grabs are probably going to be implemented, other stuff isn't. Making it even more complicated to control your character wouldn't be good for anyone, both new players who cannot understand what to do with the model we have now and for old players who are used to playing to the current one.

Nabi has only two coders and what's being done by hampa and Dranix alone is as good as it can be. If you want to better the game and not shout about it being "abandoned", go study programming and help them.
Last edited by Lazors; Jun 19, 2014 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Please keep personal stuff/warnings to PMs