ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Muting People Ingame
Everyone of you knows that: Someone keeps whispering you with Questions or is Insulting you. Cant there be a muting Command for everyone? Its like: You can mute that guy but the others still can see what he is writing. People start getting really annoying sometimes...
I won Clan League 2016 #DidntEvenTry
Back at it again
Originally Posted by WhyBeAre View Post
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=418249
(Mute script was made way back when)(Look around before posting around)

WhyBeAre we are asking here for a non-script version because there are lots of people that use Movememory etc
I won Clan League 2016 #DidntEvenTry
Back at it again
A really good idea.
Supported.
Allows you to mute one person yet lets everyone else see what they're saying. It'd be useful for when some clan members have issues with certain other clan members during a war, so they don't have to suffer either rage or awkwardness during what should be, a fun event between two clans.

Maybe this could be added to forum, too?
Silver Elite Master. Fml.
Ele | Morals | JackMorris
Alts. It can be easily bypassed. How about you just ignore them or ask the operator in the room to mute them. Stop wasting the devs time. They need to work on visuals and such more than adding an uneeded feature. Also, move memory is for nubs. Just memorize your move ffs.
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
Originally Posted by qukslice View Post
Alts. It can be easily bypassed. How about you just ignore them or ask the operator in the room to mute them. Stop wasting the devs time. They need to work on visuals and such more than adding an uneeded feature. Also, move memory is for nubs. Just memorize your move ffs.

So because you and one other guy don't like eachother, one of the two isn't allowed to talk whatsoever?
That seems unfair.
I support this, but EJXIII when you say it should also be on the forum what I'm getting at is like a block button. I guess similar to facebook right?

But if this is done and you are in a clan with people that you have blocked then wouldn't that be weird if you cant see their posts and they had something important to say? Yes you could find out by another clan member, but that could get annoying trying to ask others for what that one (or more) clan member(s) said.
Still, it's kind of wasteful for the devs to spend time making a mute command if you already have one. If you are going to constantly insist on making it happen though, just change the operator mute command into a public command and tweak it from there. Learn to ignore. It works evry tim.
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
Originally Posted by qukslice View Post
Still, it's kind of wasteful for the devs to spend time making a mute command if you already have one. If you are going to constantly insist on making it happen though, just change the operator mute command into a public command and tweak it from there. Learn to ignore. It works evry tim.

I disagree, on the first point, it shouldnt take much time for an ignore command to be made, its simpler that many other things that have been implemented, for example a better looking server list but it could be argued that it is at least as useful.

Editing the operator mute command certainly doesnt make sense, that would take as much time and effort and remove a command that is needed.

Learn to ignore and "grow thicker skin" can be valid but there are cases such as blatant harrassment where this would definately be useful, for example in a public room where someone is being racially harrassed, especially if that person is a younger member, someone who isnt even in his 10s yet shouldnt have to put up with it. You may say if itd that bad just report it, but there is a time between a report being made, it being looked at, and something being done about it.
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
I disagree, on the first point, it shouldnt take much time for an ignore command to be made, its simpler that many other things that have been implemented, for example a better looking server list but it could be argued that it is at least as useful.

Editing the operator mute command certainly doesnt make sense, that would take as much time and effort and remove a command that is needed.

Learn to ignore and "grow thicker skin" can be valid but there are cases such as blatant harrassment where this would definately be useful, for example in a public room where someone is being racially harrassed, especially if that person is a younger member, someone who isnt even in his 10s yet shouldnt have to put up with it. You may say if itd that bad just report it, but there is a time between a report being made, it being looked at, and something being done about it.

Take Ruby and Ancient from the clan I was in.
Ruby was applying for Mage, and Ancient was in the clan.
Ruby didn't know Ancient was in the clan.
After being accepted, he found out Ancient was in (g) and declined the invite.

There are some cases where you can't get over something, but still not so bad it needs to be reported.
I was thinking it could be more of a time thing, because trolls do get bored right? /ignore [player] [Time]
Originally Posted by eki27 View Post
i think it should be /ignore [add/remove/list]<name>

this ^.
Also, do you mean only whispers? Or chat over all?
JollyRogers
Sparky is a 317 pound Hump-Back Whale