Toribash
Original Post
It's quite hard to teach others how to play if you aren't there in person, almost as hard as starting anew. The best tips i can give you are these: Start out by pressing C, to hold all your joints, and then mess around and get a feeling of what the different joints does. Once you've gotten this feeling, try relaxing your joints/not holding all when starting. And most importantly, experiment. Repeating the same move over and over won't help as much as trying something new. Do not expect to be good within a few days though, it takes at the very least a couple of weeks before one can do anything. Most of those raging madmen you see, who makes it seem effortless to pluck Uke apart, they've played for over a year. Don't get discouraged by this though, see it as a goal to achieve.
Also, if you haven't done it yet, play the Fight School, it'll show you the ropes.
I'll be leaving this thread open for now, to see if other people have some tips or are willing to teach (PROPERLY).
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
I think it depends on what your aim is with Toribash. If it's to cause as much carnage as possible then I won't be the guy to ask but I've personally set out to perfect all kinds of throws and grapples. DoubleDagR, a friend of mine, and I have been working on a mod that emphisies throws.

But besides on how the joints move, I'd suggest trying to get a good grasp on momentum and balance. Even when trying to do all kinds of aireal attacks your momentum and balance is key. While someone might beable to teach you an attack, learning how to control your character will just take lots of practice just from having to learn how to control your body's momentum.

As stated, practice as much as you can and start with hold all for now since it's easier to start from that position.