Toribash
Original Post
How to be better at Toribash Fast.

enjoy this tutorial!
Replays by matarika
video about largekilla from mocucha
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Almost everything I do is intuition based, no set in stone rules, so I assume some other players are like that too. Though I already understand these concepts, I still found the video useful, not just interesting, as seeing how other experienced players interpret the game helps me understand my own movements. Especially when it is a great player such as yourself. Good video for beginners, yes, but for oldies too imo.

But you pronounce your name differently than I do in my head, that is unacceptable. I demand that you conform to my expectations.

Thanks tho, the more players making play *theory* videos the better. Also, April/2011 gang.
Not sure if one can get good at tb in a short period of time. Even players who spent years mastering their skill at certain mod still do mistakes, learn and find new dimentions in a quite old game
Originally Posted by laowai View Post
Not sure if one can get good at tb in a short period of time. Even players who spent years mastering their skill at certain mod still do mistakes, learn and find new dimentions in a quite old game

Getting good is a different thing than non stop progressing.

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

Originally Posted by Mocucha View Post
Getting good is a different thing than non stop progressing.

Ok, but who defines what "being good" is? Its a pretty relative thing as far as i can see
I have seen people get very good, very quickly several times. Some people just take to the game more quickly, or get taught well.
But what's good?
Originally Posted by laowai View Post
Ok, but who defines what "being good" is? Its a pretty relative thing as far as i can see

I can't speak for anyone else, but I think the threshold for "good" (not great/elite) is you must have control over your tori, understand how movement works (physics+joint control) to move into the positions you want. Simply: don't flail all the time.

Seeing a video like this lets me reflect on these fundamentals, and for me it's particularly interesting because I learned from the improv method.
For beginners, it lets them know what the fundamentals are, and what they need to work on in order to improve. But there is no ceiling to this, there is always room to improve

Many new players ask "how do I get better" or "how can I be good", and the answers often fall short because that question doesn't really apply to tb, they just don't know how to move yet.
I suspect the reason for the thread title "How to be better at Toribash Fast" is because it's what most new players want to know. They just want to know how to move so they can enjoy the game.

Once a player has the fundamentals down they can focus on things like tactics, make choices between different movements, to block attacks and to trick your opponent, and so on. There are also many metas for the different mods, and really there's no end to the progression of the various skills involved with tb. And to many, above all of that is style. Style is an endless endeavor.
But that stuff is 'intermediate' and above. There are a lot of advanced tb players, maybe 'experienced' is a better word... but most will make mistakes sometimes, even the 'elite' players, of which there aren't too many. Toribash is hard and easy in this way.
Last edited by DrGonz; Jan 31, 2020 at 01:24 PM.
Originally Posted by DrGonz View Post
I have seen people get very good, very quickly several times. Some people just take to the game more quickly, or get taught well.
But what's good?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I think the threshold for "good" (not great/elite) is you must have control over your tori, understand how movement works (physics+joint control) to move into the positions you want. Simply: don't flail all the time.

Seeing a video like this lets me reflect on these fundamentals, and for me it's particularly interesting because I learned from the improv method.
For beginners, it lets them know what the fundamentals are, and what they need to work on in order to improve. But there is no ceiling to this, there is always room to improve

Many new players ask "how do I get better" or "how can I be good", and the answers often fall short because that question doesn't really apply to tb, they just don't know how to move yet.
I suspect the reason for the thread title "How to be better at Toribash Fast" is because it's what most new players want to know. They just want to know how to move so they can enjoy the game.

Once a player has the fundamentals down they can focus on things like tactics, make choices between different movements, to block attacks and to trick your opponent, and so on. There are also many metas for the different mods, and really there's no end to the progression of the various skills involved with tb. And to many, above all of that is style. Style is an endless endeavor.
But that stuff is 'intermediate' and above. There are a lot of advanced tb players, maybe 'experienced' is a better word... but most will make mistakes sometimes, even the 'elite' players, of which there aren't too many. Toribash is hard and easy in this way.

Nice well rounded post, i can agree with most of the points made there
I have done some tutorials for aikido countering lifts etc for my clan members,but if u guys are curious u can join our clans discord, link is in the clan thread and see the aikido channel it's where I explain stuff still working on it