ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Gallery] King's pixel artz
So..

I've been making a lot of pixel art drawings lately , and i felt like showing them off

Software : I use Paint.net.

Get ready for some pixel art.

I'm not really good at Pixel art tho , But here's some.

(Old Stuff) Made in the period of 3-22-2012 to 3-25-2012

Some random man i drawed.
Just felt like drawing a angry pirate.
Retarted Dino's ftw.
Landscape's with some kind of retarted tori with a cape Ftw?
Ninja's ftw.
Me so rich.
Felt like coloring Shook's avatar.

Stuff made in the period of 3-25-2012 to 4-1-2012.

Angels look nice , nowadays , but mine don't.
Brainzzz....
I failed at the wings.
This man can't be hurt.
Thay prince rules upon the land.
Bandito want's TC.
The Gift Of Heaven gives heaven-like stuff.
The Gift Of Hell gives shitty stuff.
Easter Eggz... Jummy....

Yay.
New stuff made in the period of 4-1-2012 to (No date yet.)
Diamonds are for rich people
Same diamond , but with better shading.
Le flower.
A tree grands us life (Oxygen).
Dah sheep.
Sheep eating picture.
Supah Sheep is ready for duteh (duty)!

There's alot more coming up soon!

(Inspired by shook)
Last edited by kingtiesIII; Apr 1, 2012 at 05:39 PM.
Well that's something you don't see evryday. They look good qua coloring but you should try to do biger ones now and than. Pixel art takes a long time since you have to do pixel by pixel but I'm sure you could do avatar size and vip avatar size. The zombie looks good as does the coloring of Shook's avatar. The tori cape looks best as for me. Keep it up, I'm sure you get beter over time
Thanks

I'm currently focusing on living creature's , but i'll get to other things soon.
Last edited by kingtiesIII; Mar 31, 2012 at 03:56 PM.
that's a horrible policy. spend an equal amount of time on everything so it all looks good. that's like painting a masterpiece but not drawing the eyes because you "didn't like to draw them" instead of just trying which would look better
Hey that's pretty neat! Also, you flatter me with your coloration of my avatar. :U
One thing though: Jaggies. Don't know if you've heard of them, but they're the bane of outlines. Basically, a line like this makes me cringe:

The point is that the outline generally shouldn't be more than one pixel thick, and as you can see, it is 2 pixels right where it "jumps" to the next pixel. Remove those mean extra pixels, and you get a much smoother outline.

Eh wot? Also, the easter egg looks really nice, but i see one problem that isn't about jaggies: It has 1191 separate colors. I have an extremely hard time believing you hand picked all of those. I'm all for smoothness, but the point of pixel art is lost the moment you start using soft brushes, because the machine is doing the smoothing for you. As soon as the machine is doing something you couldn't replicate easily (i.e. smoothing, it's very obvious when it's man-made), it's not pixel art.

That said though, props on using free-hand for outlines to begin with. Most beginning pixeldudes tend to make things consisting entirely of up/down/left/right lines. While understandable (it's a gagillion times easier), it's also not very pretty.

Also, be careful with the line tool; it's really nice for making long, straight lines, but if you don't stick to "nice" angles (1/1, 1/2, 1/3...), it can mess up horribly. Mostly when it's really close to being perfectly diagonal, in which case you should just go wholly diagonal. Those little bumps on the line aren't pretty.

TL;DR: the outlines are jaggy, but otherwise pretty nice. c:
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Its a pretty nice start
There are some things you need to work on but hey you have a start and now just work on it
Originally Posted by shook View Post
Hey that's pretty neat! Also, you flatter me with your coloration of my avatar. :U
One thing though: Jaggies. Don't know if you've heard of them, but they're the bane of outlines. Basically, a line like this makes me cringe:

The point is that the outline generally shouldn't be more than one pixel thick, and as you can see, it is 2 pixels right where it "jumps" to the next pixel. Remove those mean extra pixels, and you get a much smoother outline.

Eh wot? Also, the easter egg looks really nice, but i see one problem that isn't about jaggies: It has 1191 separate colors. I have an extremely hard time believing you hand picked all of those. I'm all for smoothness, but the point of pixel art is lost the moment you start using soft brushes, because the machine is doing the smoothing for you. As soon as the machine is doing something you couldn't replicate easily (i.e. smoothing, it's very obvious when it's man-made), it's not pixel art.

That said though, props on using free-hand for outlines to begin with. Most beginning pixeldudes tend to make things consisting entirely of up/down/left/right lines. While understandable (it's a gagillion times easier), it's also not very pretty.

Also, be careful with the line tool; it's really nice for making long, straight lines, but if you don't stick to "nice" angles (1/1, 1/2, 1/3...), it can mess up horribly. Mostly when it's really close to being perfectly diagonal, in which case you should just go wholly diagonal. Those little bumps on the line aren't pretty.

TL;DR: the outlines are jaggy, but otherwise pretty nice. c:

Thanks!
But i'm not that good , as you can see.
It's a start , but i'll get better :3

Originally Posted by hamza135 View Post
Its a pretty nice start
There are some things you need to work on but hey you have a start and now just work on it

Thanks , I know.