Toribash
Original Post
Winpointgamerule improvements
Improvement#1:

I suggest to add another optional gamerulesetting ontop of the winpointgamerule , an automated draw if the winpointlimit is not reached when the matchframes run out.

Something like this basically:

if (match.frames == 0 && tori.points < winPoints && uke.points < winPoints) {
draw();
}

This would be very important to make running-to-win pointless.

I want to stress again to make this an optional gamerulesetting besides the winpointsetting as it exists today because i think the setting today have a place in TB ,too, and more options are always nice to have.

Improvement#2:

Please fix the issue with dms and the winpoints somehow. A lot of times, if a dm happens and the points go above the set winpointlimit, a win does not get triggerd which practically forces you to disable dms completly whenever you play with the winpointgamerule.

Improvement#3:
It would be really nice if the player who loses once the opponent hits the winpointlimit is forced into a relaxallstate.Thats just cosmetics but it would represent a knockout much better.I added a script Deminik made years ago which does exactly that,maybe it can be of help.
Attached Files
healthbar_50k.lua (3.7 KB, 2 views)
Last edited by Kane; Apr 14, 2020 at 07:26 PM.
I agree with this suggestion

With boxshu_wushu_v1.tbm and Endurance Onslaught becoming a thing, I would want to see a couple of rooms and tournaments with these improvements. It could also be used in other mods in the future such as lenshu3ng.tbm and maybe a newer version of taekkyon.

However, there is one problem about the "draw"
If there was a public server and the players kept on having draws, it would be unfair to the other players in queue.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Originally Posted by Karstnator View Post
However, there is one problem about the "draw"
If there was a public server and the players kept on having draws, it would be unfair to the other players in queue.

I would suggest not to use this for public rooms unless the point threshold was very low, you can and do get strings of draws in public rooms but I agree that it's very foreseeable that this ruleset would result in this happening a lot more often especially with newer players who find it difficult to run toward each other
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.

Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
I would suggest not to use this for public rooms unless the point threshold was very low, you can and do get strings of draws in public rooms but I agree that it's very foreseeable that this ruleset would result in this happening a lot more often especially with newer players who find it difficult to run toward each other

Exactly,good thinking,and this is why i stressed this point again:

Originally Posted by Kane View Post
I want to stress again to make this an optional gamerulesetting besides the winpointsetting as it exists today because i think the setting today have a place in TB ,too, and more options are always nice to have.

Because the winpointrule ,as it exists today, is perfect for publicrooms since there will be a definitv winner once the matchframes did run out regardless of the skilllevel of the players(given they did touch at least once,ofcourse).

The new drawrule would be for something like the old "ultimate" rooms for example and/or for events and duels.
Last edited by Kane; Apr 15, 2020 at 04:35 PM.
It could also be used in other mods in the future such as lenshu3ng.tbm and maybe a newer version of taekkyon.

I already thought about implementing this into my mod, but I decided not to, simply to let people have as much fun as they can with the 120 frames they get. Also I guess some older players could argue that this change would make the mod stray way too far from the classic taekkyon experience (I think that there is no real reason to add this to taekkyon in general, since running in tk doesn't happen very often).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm back on that bull like the cowboy
[Zero] [Parrot] [NOT] [TANG]
akina | oaky | haku | max | suka | static