Muay Thai Championship Series 2020
Original Post
Toribash Next announcement.
I've started to build a new Toribash version, code name Toribash Next.

While the current engine is super awesome it was written 12 years ago.

Things I want to add to the new engine:
- 2vs2, 3vs1 and brawl games
- Built with animations and models from the start
- Ingame multiplayer modding (mod rooms together)
- Ingame inventory and trading
- Run your own servers

Some technical details for those interested:
- Engine (Unity3D)
- Plattforms (Windows, OSX)
- Backend (Steam and standalone)

Economy:
- Part of the economy will be decentralised (we will have our own BitCoin type currency). This will allow players to trade outside the forum.
- The giveaway Toribash Next Token will eventually transferable to this new section of our economy.

Questions & Answers:

QA

If you have more questions, I'll keep this top post updated.
Last edited by sir; Jan 3, 2018 at 11:55 AM.
Now this looks way more realistic
Team Lenshu|Anime United|Proud ex-member of Liquor
Originally Posted by matarika View Post

Honestly pretty rad to see some legit gameplay here. Plus the addition of maps with scenery is a nice feature, any word on whether or not we will be able to create our own dojos / areas using unity assets?
ITS JUST A GAME VRO
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
Honestly pretty rad to see some legit gameplay here. Plus the addition of maps with scenery is a nice feature, any word on whether or not we will be able to create our own dojos / areas using unity assets?

I'm not sure how integrated that'll be in the modmaker, I know there will be additional kinds of shapes by default in modmaker (not just sphere, square, cylinder) , compared to Toribash. But in Next I do know that the object limit will remain around 128 as it is now, but the loop hole in TBN is that if you connect multiple objects together in your 3D modeling software of choice and import that as an asset/model (it counts as one object) thats how you can still only be stuck with 128 but have it appear you're making much larger/detailed maps.

So unless you're importing pre-made assets/models from the unity store or else where. Or you're experienced in 3D Sculpting/Modeling, you'll probably be stuck using the traditional placing shapes around to make TBN mods.

So to answer your question yes, but only though importing. I'm sure someone will create a place one can go, to download toribash assets to use in modding. Such as an Asset/Object catalog.
Join the Assassin Brotherhood HERE
Originally Posted by matarika View Post
I'm not sure how integrated that'll be in the modmaker, I know there will be additional kinds of shapes by default in modmaker (not just sphere, square, cylinder) , compared to Toribash. But in Next I do know that the object limit will remain around 128 as it is now, but the loop hole in TBN is that if you connect multiple objects together in your 3D modeling software of choice and import that as an asset/model (it counts as one object) thats how you can still only be stuck with 128 but have it appear you're making much larger/detailed maps.

So unless you're importing pre-made assets/models from the unity store or else where. Or you're experienced in 3D Sculpting/Modeling, you'll probably be stuck using the traditional placing shapes around to make TBN mods.

So to answer your question yes, but only though importing. I'm sure someone will create a place one can go, to download toribash assets to use in modding. Such as an Asset/Object catalog.

Would be nice to see how everything plays out. The physics is a little bit different but I think it will make some really cool realism replays tbh.
[JollyR] [Tribe] [eVo] [fl0w]
I got question - will be any ways to simulate toribashNext physics faster than in-game? Like get some results of replay using some libs, for example to teach neural networks, without need to launch render of objects, interface and other things.
I hope my boyfriend don't mind it
Originally Posted by KyouKiSu View Post
I got question - will be any ways to simulate toribashNext physics faster than in-game? Like get some results of replay using some libs, for example to teach neural networks, without need to launch render of objects, interface and other things.

You can do this already with the normal Toribash.
Have a look at this: https://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=618230

I think if you train a model right now you'll be able to adapt it for TBN in some way later on, not sure if lua scripting will be supported any further, is it?

Yakuza is recruiting, join us by clicking on the signature! Also here is our Discord.
Originally Posted by Hi View Post
Would be nice to see how everything plays out. The physics is a little bit different but I think it will make some really cool realism replays tbh.

have u not played tb next LOL
u literally do like a whole backflip if u hold all and extend 1 hip and ankle
macaroniandcheese.com