Ranking
Original Post
Server update (5.5 features, stability improvements, bug fixes)
Hi, game servers received an update today.

What's new:

• Toribash 5.5 features support added:
    • Rotatable grabs with tear threshold
    • Ghost length and speed
    Note: enabling 5.5 features will make the room unavailable for users on older clients

• Periodical 3-4 second lag that was plaguing servers should be gone now
  • Rooms should ghost much less often
  • Maxcontacts now defaults to 24 instead of 8
  • Win point fix to work correctly with points gained from dismembers / fractures
  • Point damage threshold fix to scale correctly on heavy hits
  • Fixed realtime ghost setting not resetting properly in private rooms
  • Fixed house not resetting properly in private rooms

If you notice abnormal server behaviour after this update, please let me know. In general, it should be way more stable than before.
More information on Toribash 5.5 features here: https://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=643681
Idk if theres any relation in these things but today I noticed that ghosts are lying for me more than they used to, just reporting.
I will make some replays for it
potatoes
Ghosts are fine now, but I noticed that when certain players are in the same server as I do Im getting ping time out and no response without any apparent reason?
Same for other players in the room.
Last edited by tunadao; Nov 22, 2020 at 06:38 PM.
potatoes
Restarted server with another update earlier today, physics simulation lag shouldn't be happening now and random pings should be gone as well.

It will be taking a bit longer for players who lost connection to get force disconnected now as grace period between pings has been increased from 25 to 35 seconds, I plan to decrease delay between pings sent by game client with 5.5 so we can get back to the old settings without having too many random ping disconnects.
Last edited by sir; Nov 24, 2020 at 08:37 AM.
Finally Ball axis grabs on stable branch yaaaay!
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Finally Ball axis grabs on stable branch yaaaay!

we play some games snakeyyy?
-----
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Hi, game servers received an update today.

What's new:

• Toribash 5.5 features support added:
    • Rotatable grabs with tear threshold
    • Ghost length and speed
    Note: enabling 5.5 features will make the room unavailable for users on older clients

• Periodical 3-4 second lag that was plaguing servers should be gone now
  • Rooms should ghost much less often
  • Maxcontacts now defaults to 24 instead of 8
  • Win point fix to work correctly with points gained from dismembers / fractures
  • Point damage threshold fix to scale correctly on heavy hits
  • Fixed realtime ghost setting not resetting properly in private rooms
  • Fixed house not resetting properly in private rooms

If you notice abnormal server behaviour after this update, please let me know. In general, it should be way more stable than before.
More information on Toribash 5.5 features here: https://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=643681

Amazing job Sir. I'm really going back into toribash at the moment because of vacation, and the amount of new features and improvement in the visuals is super nice.

I really like this new small effect when you press on a joint. Gives you a small feel of the play. I also really love the organization of mods. No more 10 k random mods, and having
to search all over them to find the good/official ones.

I will let you know if any problems come up in this build, but looks stable at the moment.

I was wondering if anyone created already a modified aikido mod with breakable grabs. It's something that really needs to be done.

Anyway, cheers, and great job!
-----
Little thing, when you open game rules, through the client, you get the old game rules box. You only get the new looking one with Control +G. Small thing I noticed
Last edited by William; Nov 30, 2020 at 10:37 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Your messed up world enthrills me
Tested, all good, waiting for Ball axis grabs to move upstream

Extremely welcome feature

Can we get public aikido/abd with Ball axis+100 threshold?

With this features, there is no need for aikido7 or any other aikido modification,
just broke out of shovel, good times
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15