Toribash
Original Post
~New Tourneys/System~
Okay, so once again i'm here with another suggestion so let's get right to it.
This idea came to me as i was playing COD and i think it'd be nice to implement into the current tourney system, i also think it'd be a nice improvement aswell. So as all you CoD fans out there know , when you go to play online you are given a selection between two different maps , so i figured why not have this in toribash? So i'm thinking it'd be nice if at the end of each tourney the players are given a choice to make between two mods , e.g Judo Or Aikido, and obviously the mod which receives the most votes will be played, now if there's a draw a random mod should be chosen by the game , and this random mod wouldn't be any of the two mods that were voted upon , also i think only official mods such as Twinswords aikido , ABD , judo etc should be chosen because what if the random select landed on a sparring mod?I don't think a mod such as a sparring or parkour mod would make a very entertaining tourney so i suggest leaving those out, better yet why not implement it in such a way that only custom mods such as pendulum jumper and such get added to a list of random mods to be chosen , and this list should be made on the forum , whereas only the staff can add or take mods off the list but mods could still be suggested by players.
Now i know people will say dumb things like why not just go to the server playing a particular mod each time i wish to play another mod , but i think this would be nice , also there could be one or two of these servers along with the regular tourneys so for those who wish not to be switching mods constantly wouldn't have to participate in it.
But, if this is too much to ask , or probably impossible to implement why not just add more tourneys with different mods? Or just one more tourney server hosting running.tbm? i'd enjoy running.tbm more than judo or something , as a matter of fact, if running.tbm was added but not the random mods server i'd still be contempt. Lets's have some feedback shall we?
Last edited by Nigma; Feb 14, 2013 at 01:39 AM.
Nigma Disconnected
Quit Game.
It depends and varies greatly on how exactly it would work. I believe the running tourneys were taken down since they took over twice as long as other tourneys.
However as for doing this at the end of every tourney would be a bad idea. If there were different tourneys for this kind of thing with different mods then yes. However not custom mods such as Pendulumjumper.tbm as that mod is mostly popular among lower level players who still haven't gotten the hang of official mods.
This probably wouldn't be implemented for a while until they get the equipment to host more 24/7 servers.
~Kinda Supported
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Nice idea, but i think i agree with cigs...
I think it is smart, but its kinda annoying for some players cuz come players are good in one sepcific mod, so they want to play THAT mod.
I think could be good, but i still want that the "1 specific mod tourney" room exisits.
~Kinda supported too.
"Never think you're the only one at something" - VictorTB

4 haters only

i understand what both of you are getting at . So this is why I said if there was atleast one or two rooms which had this special feature which still co existed with the regular tourney rooms would be nice .
If not simply add a running.tbm tourney and i'd be happy.
Btw , running.tbm doesn't always take that long, and Dq should be on i guess?? I say this because some persons may not be able to run so if they just fall then they'd lose, but ofc sumo MUST be off.
Nigma Disconnected
Quit Game.