ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Suggestion] Staff Status List

Visualization of my idea

Introduction:
The Community is mostly unaware whats going on in the Staff's issues to keep the game entertained such as a lack of item forgers who can make awesome event prizes.
(Notice how the house of card collapses, it's all about teamwork)
The Staff also can't just share all their info about their work for obvious reasons BUT.
I came to a idea that would improve the recruitment quality and make the Community aware when and what they should be applying for which leads to the improvement of the upkeep quality.

The concept:
I think of a pinned post on the News section that would contain a updated list of what type of help the Staff is looking for right now.

Summary:
keeping a socially entertained Community should be one of the most important aspects of the work,
and to maintain this quality there has to be a kind of connection between the staff and the Community not only to gather valueable information and react to them but also to let the Community know that we need more "housekeepers" to keep our game "tidy" from time to time and this would be the right tool for it instead of posting a recruitment every time it gets actually too bad.

Sorry if i made any errors, speaking over 4-5 languages without making mistakes is quite hard to me.

Last edited by Nikos; Sep 29, 2016 at 06:21 PM.
Originally Posted by NikosDEAD View Post

Also sorry but i'm not going to argue with You about something this obvious.
Too old for this.
I. e. "You guys are too stupid to understand this"
Same applies to every triggered teenager above, sorry.
Literally just an attack on age, I think you are eighteen tho, so, uh, yeah.

Yeah, there is no real point to your idea
You say there is a lack of item forgers, can you prove this? I'd actually say that we got a boom of items in the recent past, rather than a lack.
h
Assassinpro told me that all 5 of them have irl stuff to do and that makes event prizes quite common and boring which significantly reduced the entry amount that have been posted, thats already a quality loss.
The other thing is that the game content isn't as productive in that case too, such as new shop items, custom items etc.
Even my beanie has still not gotten an icon.
Thats one of the examples i've been facing with lately.

So yeah, there is a lack in item forgers and there is no way to just be notified about this to make the right person to write his app.
From this point on i just hope it's clear enough and everyone got the point, because i'm tired and not going to post anything longer again.

Speaking of immaturity, infracs for asking about something assures me that i'm right about the bad quality in overall.
And just to make this clear too, i asked
Glimpsed where i called anyone an "idiot". :)

It's the second time i listen to a staff members advice to do something and i already regret it. :D
Atleast this time it wasn't intended from him.

You know, there is a overall issue with the entire recruitment system that someone made in the past, in general it works like...
bad people recruit bad people and some of them retire or get kicked after a while to recruit again and looping it over again.
Thankfully we have few good staff members who actually do their job right.
That... actually explains the point that a game project manager mentioned few years ago with me, he meant that there is a reason only studio employees get extended permissions.
Sadly Toribash dev team didn't establish a proper system that would work as good and now thats their "Little Monster" they created. :P
Last edited by Nikos; Sep 29, 2016 at 08:59 PM.
You mean theoretically.
Too old for this.

you are one whole year older than me
cool
posting a thread then replying to most posts in a shitty way without explaining why you believe your idea is useful won't help you (and us!!) at all
Assassinpro told me that all 5 of them have irl stuff to do and that makes event prizes quite common and boring which significantly reduced the entry amount that have been posted, thats already a quality loss.
The other thing is that the game content isn't as productive in that case too, such as new shop items, custom items etc.
Even my beanie has still not gotten an icon.
Thats one of the examples i've been facing with lately.

So yeah, there is a lack in item forgers and there is no way to just be notified about this to make the right person to write his app.

okay, but how would your suggestion help people?

this is exactly how i imagine that would work (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong):
-we post a thread in News named "staff status list" (or whatever) and show which staff roles are looking for new members;
-if we just leave it there, no one will pay any attention to it, so we would need a banner to promote it, i suppose;
-ok, now let's pretend item forgers are looking for new members. we would need to update the OP to change IF's status and bump it saying that "item forgers are openly recruiting", so people would know that they should apply.

but that's how recruitment drives work?? there are a few changes, yes, but the concept is the same. those few differences still don't change much. to grab people's attention we would need banners and a post saying that we need new ppl. i can't see how your idea would "improve recruitment quality" in any way, since we already use an extremely similar system that IS working.

and, about the IFs, if orko and icky believe they need more guys, they'll just post a recruitment thread again. don't worry about that
Originally Posted by NikosDEAD
Speaking of immaturity, infracs for asking about something assures me that i'm right about the bad quality in overall.
And just to make this clear too, i asked Glimpsed where i called anyone an "idiot".

this is not staff complaints.
Originally Posted by NikosDEAD
You know, there is a overall issue with the entire recruitment system that someone made in the past, in general it works like...
bad people recruit bad people and some of them retire or get kicked after a while to recruit again and looping it over again.
That... actually explains the point that a game project manager mentioned few years ago with me, he meant that there is a reason only studio employees get extended permissions.
Sadly Toribash dev team didn't establish a proper system that would work as good and now thats their "Little Monster" they created. :P

i can't see how this is related to your first post? stick to the topic, man
Last edited by Arctic; Sep 29, 2016 at 09:26 PM.
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
I think a better way to structure this thread that you're suggesting would be to give info on how full a role is, like:

replay lmods: 5/5

This could let people assess which staff position needs members better, and would be at least a little more useful than the recruitment drives. Anyway, that's all I wanted to contribute to this.
Glimpsed
Originally Posted by Glimpsed View Post
I think a better way to structure this thread that you're suggesting would be to give info on how full a role is, like:

This could let people assess which staff position needs members better, and would be at least a little more useful than the recruitment drives. Anyway, that's all I wanted to contribute to this.

thing is, staff positions are really flexible on the amount of members they can have. Lmods do tend to stick to certain numbers, i wont deny that, but its not generally true for other staff positions
h
Arctic i understand that your gf doesn't like me and that makes you don't like me either, i got it but stop being an assho... rude to me all the time, i'm not answering in a "shitty" way, i got told by an smod that it's a cool idea and i really should post this here, i've done that and what i get is hate and complaining (which is "shitty" in my eyes) about the currently recruitment system being good enough even if it's not beucase it surely can be done a little better in a diffrent way and starting with a better from of informing people about needed staff roles would be actually a good thing to do.

And no wonder that i didn't want to argue about something obvious, i'm tired man, you have no idea how much effort it takes to keep up with the others on a police academy tactical training for riot police squad. (math is still the worst)

Anyways back to the topic, You assume that it's going to replace the recruitment system that is going on right now which is not what i meant or posted i just suggested that this would be a good form of visualisation what roles are needed and helpfull right now and which ones are definitely not needed,
and ofc. if it gets really bad again a official recruitment drive is on place, i never said that it's a bad thing to do.

Originally Posted by Glimpsed View Post

Well, this would work as long as the staff keeps working with the same speed all the time which doesn't always happen. :o
Last edited by Nikos; Sep 29, 2016 at 09:44 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
i'm not answering in a "shitty" way

Yay, both of you didn't understand anything even though i tried to explain it as detailed and short as possible. \o/
What did i expect. XD
Meanwhile he got triggered, and still doesn't understand anything.

yes

Arctic i understand that your gf doesn't like me and that makes you don't like me either, i got it but stop being an assho... rude to me all the time,

you

You mean theoretically.
Too old for this.

are

i got told by an smod that it's a cool idea and i really should post this here, i've done that and what i get is hate and complaining (which is "shitty" in my eyes) about the currently recruitment system being good enough even if it's not beucase it surely can be done a little better in a diffrent way and starting with a better from of informing people about needed staff roles would be actually a good thing to do.

they just asked questions, you completely failed at answering them.

And no wonder that i didn't want to argue about something obvious, i'm tired man, you have no idea how much effort it takes to keep up with the others on a police academy tactical training for riot police squad. (math is still the worst)

no one really cares about your private life.

Anyways back to the topic, You assume that it's going to replace the recruitment system that is going on right now which is not what i meant or posted i just suggested that this would be a good form of visualisation what roles are needed and helpfull right now and which ones are definitely not needed,
and ofc. if it gets really bad again a official recruitment drive is on place, i never said that it's a bad thing to do.

Well, this would work as long as the staff keeps working with the same speed all the time which doesn't always happen. :o

I don't get the point of all this, first thing, as mentioned earlier number of staff is not fixed and efficiency of current staff is not tied to numbers, second, you can always apply, paradoxically it might be even easier to get into ES or MSquad than during Drive due to fewer people applying, third, new threads grab more views, people tend to forget about stickies after some time, fewer people tends to check new posts.
Last thing, who would be responsible for updating the thread, based on what criteria he would do the updates and what kind of information it would include besides "we need people" or "we need people... less".

and for the love of god, use normal font.
Well, sorry for the font.. it's just that i'm used to it.

Yea the idea is bad i'm bad everything is bad, lol.
I've done what i've been asked for, i posted it and tried serval times to explain that, unfortunately everyone understood the point only partially for example you were talking about the amount of the staff not being locked to numbers which wasn't even the point of it.
and then you just explained something very obvious that doesn't actually affect the concept of it but just means that the recruitment drive causes the opposite of it's intention.
aka. "If you want to get in, apply when the recruitment drive is off"
I'm going to just abandon this idea because it seems to be too complicated for the most for some reason.

I need some rest. :)