Ranking
Originally Posted by DeadorK View Post
only fat people, ugly people or girls play bass

Bass is a girls instrument, yes. All the best bassists I know are male, though.
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
Bass guitar provides a sense of tonality for the entire piece, as well as giving an impression of the changes (through changing notes or walking).

Guitar plays chords which are non-descript without a reference bass tone in the grand scheme of things and is ultimately there to "fill out the mid-range". This can be done by the vast majority of the band, particularly keys or piano.

yeah, having a decent rhythm section is damn important. You can usually lose all the rhythm guitars and still put out a good performance, I've always approached the guitar as the extra flavoring. I mean sure, you NEED a pizza base to make pizza, but it tastes boring and shit without all the 'nonessential' stuff. Purple haze would've been rather shitty on keys/bass/accordion/flute, which is why we have more than 3 instruments in the world.

But comparing instruments head to head really is pointless. If there was a best instrument, everyone would just make music on that, and nothing else, hurr.
Originally Posted by DeadorK View Post
only fat people, ugly people or girls play bass

the only girl bassist i know of is the bassist from White Zombie
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
The only girl bassist I knew is the girl from the subways.
KiTFoX: "COMPLETELY DISREGARD EVERYTHING I SAID. I SUCK COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF COCK."

Fura: What can I say? The pure definition of cool <3 ~BirdFlu

<RedDevil> Is it strange that Fura is the only regular Wibbler I like
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ⓄⓁⒹⒶ ⓋⒾⒷⒺ ⒶⓁⒶⓃ ⒷⒾⓈⒽ
Ohey look over there, a dancing dinosaur. :D
hanz0: The betting bot isn't programmed to scam anyone.

Fee: Fura you are fucking awesome.
Originally Posted by randomguy8 View Post
the only girl bassist i know of is the bassist from White Zombie

How about the girl from All That Remains.
There's a huge number of girls learning bass in highschoool and at conservatoriums. I'd know since I totally work in the industry. It's developed the reputation of being a "girls instrument" merely as a joke.
me personaly would prefer guitar..more or less electric guitar

i play gutar electric guitar and bass and i find depending on what type of music im playing or what mood im in changes my choice

bass is good for the blues

but electric is good for rock and heavy metal

acoustic is good for things like rhythm and other types of music
hanz0:Very well done. These annoy me much less than the default smilies we've got right now.