Toribash
Original Post
International Forums ("Organization Outreach" thread related).
In this thread (http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=631609), Fade discusses the future of all organizations.
In my thread I want to focus on national organisations.

Suggestion:

Create a tab called "International Forums" in the general section, then transform official national organisations into national subforums and place them in such a tab.
Most of modern game-forums have this type of tab in a visible place.
This simply allows new players to quickly find support from their native players.

Of course, only one subforum per country.
After some time, the number of national subforums may increase, so it would be worthwhile to segregate them alphabetically.
It would also mean that any organisation set up in the future whose main purpose is to represent a country would be useless because of the existence of a national subforums.
That's it.
I don't want to write too much, it's just a simple suggestion. ;)

I've deleted some things because my idea has changed a bit after some of your posts and hints.
Current version of my idea and current explanation.

Screenshot

"Posts of various players, including Bigdog, have convinced me that instead of removing dead Organizations, it's better to just revive them.
I think that placing such subforums in a visible place and placing this thread with links (3rd tab in the second example) will help new players and deliver new members to organizations and clans (although I still think that many Organizations should be removed because they don't meet the basic activation requirements).
PS: ...and there should be activity checks for the organizations."

sry for any linguistic errors.
Last edited by Bison; Sep 14, 2019 at 06:20 PM. Reason: General change of concept.
hurh hurh hurh *chews grass*
This makes sense but it may be better if its one forum per language.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
hmmm... Yes.
I guess that's even better.

Here's an example
When you enter the "International Forums" tab in the General section, you're gonna see something like that.

Image here

When you click on one of the subforums you will see something like this.
("Toribash en español" example)
⬇️

Image here

(It's just an example, the final form will be entirely in Spanish.)

Maybe the idea is a good one or maybe I overreacted a little.
I am open to criticism, hard criticism too. ;)
Last edited by Bison; Sep 14, 2019 at 06:07 PM.
Actually seems really good to avoid that bunchinternational orgs xd

Originally Posted by Bison View Post
hmmm... Yes.
I guess that's even better.

Here's an example
When you enter the "International Forums" tab in the General section, you're gonna see something like that.

(If the photo doesn't work, click here.)
Attachment 617103

When you click on one of the subforums you will see something like this.
("Toribash en español" example)
⬇️

(If the photo doesn't work, click here.)
Attachment 617105
(It's just an example, the final form will be entirely in Spanish.)

Maybe the idea is a good one or maybe I overreacted a little.
I am open to criticism, hard criticism too. ;)

I'd really like how you made this example, and it's really good as suggestion.

Maybe in those subforums could be added an "multi-language option", that makes the subforums of each country be wroted in it's language.
I AM A STEGOSAURUS.
Back some time ago there was a section for Russian speakers, it was towards the bottom of the forum, by elerk. Interestingly enough, looking around in the moderator panel, it's under organizations (now at least) but they had their own subforums, sections and more. This is the "Main Page" I could find, though there is a lot more. Digging around, you need to have direct links for myself to see other things, they're not displayed anywhere I see without the direct link now. Other things that weren't included in the "Main Page" are...
  • Новости
  • Музыка и фильмы
  • Общение
  • Другие игры

Which throwing them into translator so I can read them, shows that they are things we already have on the main forum. That's just something I wanted to share for the sake of it. It's kind of cool looking around in old corners of the forum. Here's a picture.

For an answer that I remember from experiencing it. It was an unregulated mess. There wasn't and isn't still much Russian staff aside from sir and perhaps brey at that time. A lot of the boards had local mods because they knew Russian, in a Russian board. Makes sense obviously, but that in turn had a different effect when it came to moderation standards. They weren't really unified because most staff do not know Russian, and in the Russian forum, it was like their own world. The staff didn't touch things there because the language barrier, and the local mods in the RU forum had nothing to do with the other side of the forum because of obvious reasons. It spread the community too much that keeping track and moderating everything was messy. A key note is the Market. The Market section of the Russian forum was actually quite active considering the amount of users. There is just no way for Market Squad to moderate that without having a Russian member within their team.

Now add this with 5+ other languages. I know this is a little bit different of an approach I took, but I thought it was worth saying.

As for a more direct reply: if orgs are killed, I see the point you raise but it would just shift the problem to a new board. While I do think the geographical orgs are doing better than the other ones, they're just mostly small talk threads. Nothing wrong with that either, just stating it. Creating a forum for international speakers would kind of keep them in their current states now, not much would change IMO. I wouldn't justify making entire subforums for just international speakers.

EDIT:

We've also had Uni-Bash. Which was kind of similar, but they taught people about the game and other things like translating rules in x language
http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=439

Link is there for "Old Unibash". Not sure if you all can click the link, but it's worth a try. Send me a PM if you can't, I'll describe it for anyone curious. It's not like it's hidden information, it was actually quite a cool concept.
Last edited by ed; Sep 14, 2019 at 07:26 AM.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Originally Posted by ed View Post
Back some time ago there was a section for Russian speakers, it was towards the bottom of the forum, by elerk.

I remember that.

For an answer that I remember from experiencing it. It was an unregulated mess. There wasn't and isn't still much Russian staff aside from sir and perhaps brey at that time. A lot of the boards had local mods because they knew Russian, in a Russian board. Makes sense obviously, but that in turn had a different effect when it came to moderation standards. They weren't really unified because most staff do not know Russian, and in the Russian forum, it was like their own world. The staff didn't touch things there because the language barrier, and the local mods in the RU forum had nothing to do with the other side of the forum because of obvious reasons. It spread the community too much that keeping track and moderating everything was messy.

Eh, then it's a bit sad, I've seen how on other forums such subforums work nicely, and people talking about important and interesting topics instead of spamming sht.
I agree that managing such a thing can be very hard, cuz I was forum moderator in another game where such subforum existed.
Well, apparently something that works in one place won't work in another. :I

A key note is the Market. The Market section of the Russian forum was actually quite active considering the amount of users. There is just no way for Market Squad to moderate that without having a Russian member within their team.

That's why I purposely didn't put the market on an example. A separate market on such subforum is a bad idea.

We've also had Uni-Bash. Which was kind of similar, but they taught people about the game and other things like translating rules in x language
http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=439

Link is there for "Old Unibash". Not sure if you all can click the link, but it's worth a try. Send me a PM if you can't, I'll describe it for anyone curious. It's not like it's hidden information, it was actually quite a cool concept.

Unibash looked good, a small version of what I'm talking about and it was intended mainly to familiarize you (player) with the game, I think it was enough, and I exaggerated a little with the last idea.
If such subforum had only a strict informational function, it could have been even twice as small as Unibash and it would have probably served its purpose anyway.

Ty for answer Ed
After your post I decided to completely change my idea.
Example:

if you cant see the picture click here and click on thunbail

Posts of various players, including Bigdog, have convinced me that instead of removing dead Organizations, it's better to just revive them.
I think that placing such subforums in a visible place and placing this thread with links (3rd tab in the second example) will help new players and deliver new members to organizations and clans (although I still think that many Organizations should be removed because they don't meet the basic activation requirements).
PS: ...and there should be activity checks for the organizations.

sry for any linguistic errors
Last edited by Bison; Sep 14, 2019 at 06:04 PM.