ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Velocity-calculating point system
Hey guys, here's a pretty simple idea I came up with today:

We should implement a new option for earning points (which could be enabled/disabled like sumo in the gamerules tab) which would be based on the velocity of the two players.
Let me explain:
Both players are assigned a point/frame value which is based on their velocity related to the other player's position. If Player A is moving towards Player B, he is getting points. If Player B is moving away from Player A, he's losing points. Being stationary shouldn't net any points.

This would enable mods like Wushu to actually reward players for trying to be sportsman-like. The pace at which points are lost or gained should be configurable as well ([velocity towards other player]*x, where x could be set by the room operator).

What do you guys think?
Last edited by ynvaser; Oct 3, 2013 at 04:04 PM.
All of the yes.
-----
I think this is a brilliant idea. It's about time we came up with a way to appropriately reward not being a runner butch.
Last edited by rcarey; Oct 3, 2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I think it might need a small buffer zone where no points are gained or lost. Which is to prevent really close mash ups from happening when no one wants to lose points by dodging and getting another set up going. But fun idea overall.
Originally Posted by 13chillz View Post
I think it might need a small buffer zone where no points are gained or lost. Which is to prevent really close mash ups from happening when no one wants to lose points by dodging and getting another set up going. But fun idea overall.

That is a nice addition indeed!
Seems like a good idea for those mods that are easy to flee in.
However, I would prefer this to be an option you could turn on and off whenever you want.

Imagine having this in a spar 24/7, it would be ridiculous. Since most spars are based on looking nice and not points, this would be ineffective there.
As well as in some mods where there just isn't enough room to gain velocity towards the other player, or where most matches end with one player being pushed away from the other, which would encourage shoveling as a means of victory.
Jousting would be bad for this as well, since both players are launched at high speeds, which would cause no difference in the outcome of the match either way.

Overall though, seems like a good idea, would be nice to see this implemented.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
People could turn this on without you knowing and duel scam you. So when you move away by accident or purpose you lose points and end up losing the duel.
blue
pink
Originally Posted by Kradel View Post
People could turn this on without you knowing and duel scam you. So when you move away by accident or purpose you lose points and end up losing the duel.

Obviously it'd be a game rule you'd check.

You can also make the DMT in a duel to like... 15. It's entirely your fault for not checking game rules.

Not that this idea has my support neccesarily.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post

What part of the concept put a bad impression on you?

Originally Posted by Dscigs View Post
However, I would prefer this to be an option you could turn on and off whenever you want.

Yeah, that's mentioned in the first post, too. Purely optional.
Awesome... This would prevent a lot of those guys who don't ''fair play'' and keep posing away and running away.
I think pace should be rewarded... Highest the pace, highest the score.
Brilliant idea.
10/10
[Aether] l [TW] l [TABD]
Aether is recruiting!
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
Obviously it'd be a game rule you'd check.

You can also make the DMT in a duel to like... 15. It's entirely your fault for not checking game rules.

And I was sure you get banned for changing settings...

Anyway, I don't necessarily support this. Because it would make people annoyingly charge and kick or push-kick you away all the time. Just like flyingmonk, when he's attacking.