Toribash
Original Post
[DISC]What do you want most in Lua
Hey,

What do you guys really want Lua to be able to do on Toribash?

I think mine would be able to edit the physics. Toribash has an awesome physics engine, and it would be pretty sweet to be able to muck with them via Lua. Example: change the friction, air resistance, gravity and force.
I know you can do some in TBM but face it, TBM is boring.

Some other things would probably be more graphical/user hud abilities. Anyone else sick of the menu? Let's make our own!

If we all say what we would like to have, and people agree that it would be a very cool feature to have - then I bet we can get them added in!
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
I would like i/o to be put in, then, we could save stuff like openers and bots learned stuff.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
B&B&B&
IO.

Ability to access core engine (ODE), with special scripting maybe. That would make so many things possible (special 2v2, additional objects, controlled in a second thread, dedicated to Lua physics, etc).

I think that'd be the only thing. Well, that, and more drawing ability. Rectangles + text + circle = not really enough. Maybe rounded rectangle, image drawn from a separate file, own fonts, etc.
I'd like to interact with the future, please. That is, be able to do crap like change the ghost color or opacity, and get statistical information on the ghosts, like what the max resultant speed would be if inputs aren't changed (within the span of time shown by the ghost).
Radioactive torso's description should be, "You have cancer like wow."
I'd like to be able to check which joints are dismembered, so say if the heads ripped off, you can make the match end.
is it possible to add objects? i would like a belt... with reactions, and colours... and that it would swing with the movements or something that would be a nice feature!
Originally Posted by Jam0864 View Post
I'd like to be able to check which joints are dismembered, so say if the heads ripped off, you can make the match end.

In response to this, I'd like to be able to SET which joints are dismembered.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!

Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
In response to this, I'd like to be able to SET which joints are dismembered.

Yeah, that would be pretty cool too. Like a random dismember every 50 frames or something.
How about the real mini toribasher! Looking at the way tooltip.lua works, wouldn't the mini toribasher on the HUD work too?
Originally Posted by veb View Post
Hey,

What do you guys really want Lua to be able to do on Toribash?

I think mine would be able to edit the physics. Toribash has an awesome physics engine, and it would be pretty sweet to be able to muck with them via Lua. Example: change the friction, air resistance, gravity and force.
I know you can do some in TBM but face it, TBM is boring.

Some other things would probably be more graphical/user hud abilities. Anyone else sick of the menu? Let's make our own!

If we all say what we would like to have, and people agree that it would be a very cool feature to have - then I bet we can get them added in!

I agree, and I know Lua well from Garrys Mod, but I don't know the hooks and functions. So, I want physics manipulation, and above all, a wiki.